Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beaches1980

My New White Silgranite Sink

beaches1980
11 years ago

We just had our white silgranite sink installed and I love it! Thank you so much to all those who have posted about their sinks, espeically the light colored ones. Reading through your posts help us pick our sink and I couldn't be happier! Thank you!

Comments (14)

• ellabee_2016
    11 years ago

Many happy working sessions to you!

• shannonplus2
    11 years ago

Looks beautiful!

• Molly Phillips
    11 years ago

Yay! OT, but a few questions for you -

1) What faucet is that?
    2) We're about to put a corner sink with seating across like you (except we're using the round silgranit, so it will be smaller than your diamond) - does that faucet seem to bother people sitting across the way or do you not notice it?
    3) How close is your sink to the other side of the counter, where people are sitting? I want to make sure we have enough space between the two so water doesn't head that direction (and all over homework in the future, when my kids start school)

Thanks!

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Congrats Beaches! I love my white siligranit sink. Great faucet - I have two! Both work great. Someone asked the question about brand. The faucet is the Delta Trinsic. It is available with touch technology.

• beaches1980
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for your replies!

In reply to lovetodream's questions:

1) Motherof3sons was right, our faucet is the Delta Trinsic. So far so good!

2) The faucet doesn't bother us, it doesn't block anything. It doesn't seem to big or in the way.

3) It's about 42 inches from the sink to the edge of the counter. I would recomend a little more room if you have it. We have small kitchen and that was as big as we could go. Here is another view. The color is a little off with the afternoon sun beaming in.

• marioncohen1
    11 years ago

What is a Sigranite sink? What does that mean..? I am going to pick out a sink and was thinking Stainless Steel but was curious to know what Sigranite is?

• marioncohen1
    11 years ago

What is a Sigranite sink? What does that mean..? I am going to pick out a sink and was thinking Stainless Steel but was curious to know what Sigranite is?

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

Congratulations! Love my white silgranit!

• alex9179
    11 years ago

Marion, it's a granite composite material. If you google gardenweb silgranit, you'll find a ton of threads talking about the pros (lots) and cons (a few).

I dearly love my metallic gray super single. Easy to clean, stain resistant, quiet.

• dibbs
    11 years ago

I am in the process of remodeling and have chosen the bisquit diamond blanco sink I the 24 x 20 single bowl size. It is 10 inches deep. But mine will not be on an island . It is fir a 27 inch cabinet. Is your sink this size or the smaller one. I am wondering now if the sink is too big and too deep. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I hope it will be okay. They are measuring for the counter in a couple of days.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!

• ellabee_2016
    11 years ago

@dibbs:

I don't know if there's such a thing as a sink that's too big, but a sink can definitely be too deep, depending on what kinds of tasks you'll be using it for. Will this be a cleaning sink as well as prep sink?

In order to avoid leaning in and over as much as possible, two dimensions are important to get right:

1 - the sink needs to be placed as close as possible to the front edge of the counter (i.e., close to you). This is the one real functional advantage of an apron design. For under and overmount sinks, it's still worth getting clear with the counter and cabinet and plumbing people ahead of time what the minimum distance with your setup can be, and going with that.

2 - the base of the sink needs to be high enough that pots and pans resting on it don't force you to lean over much to wash them.

A grid in the base of the sink can help, moving things an inch closer. The sink base can also be moved closer by overmounting the sink, and/or by raising the overall height of the counter. But you put yourself behind before you start with a ten-inch-deep sink, and the effect is worse if it's undermounted to a thick counter.

The sink is the most-used appliance in the kitchen. It's worth taking the time to make sure it will be as comfortable as possible for the kinds of work you'll be doing at it.

• mrspete
    11 years ago

Seconding what ellabe2016 says: A sink can definitely be too deep. I despise washing dishes in the staff room at work because I have to lean waaaay into the extra-deep sink and be very careful not to wet my clothes.

Admittedly, this problem has to do with my (lack of) height, but if you're short . . . don't go for the extra-deep sink!

• leeber01
    11 years ago

Love the sink!

Would you mind sharing soem info about your counter top? Is it Giallo Ornamental? I'm looking for something creamy/grey/beige for our remodel.

Thank you!