Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
writersblock_gw

New fridge with sodastream built in

Not my kind of thing at all, but I thought it might be interesting to people who use lots of carbonated drinks:

Here is a link that might be useful: Samsung with sodastream

Comments (18)

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

Now, if it was a wine or margarita dispenser, we'd be talking..

• cathy725
    11 years ago

I agree with beekeeperswife!

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Oh, yeah....because we don't already have access to way too much sugared drinks in our lives. Uh huh.

• carsonheim
    11 years ago

@bee and cath -- me three!!!!

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

I'm a Diet Coke junkie, but I don't want to make my own, nor would I want another gizmo in the fridge that can go wrong, especially if it's a fad that will probably be long dead before the fridge.

• robo (z6a)
    11 years ago

I have a few very healthy friends who just love carbonated water without sugar, and those are the people I know who have soda streams. That said, I showed this to DH b/c he loves gadgets and even he was like "meh."

• grlwprls
    11 years ago

We have a soda stream, because we drink a lot of plain bubbly water but I don't think I'd want it in my fridge. As it stands now, we stow it under the sink because I hate looking at it on the counter, but I still don't think I'd want it in my fridge. Also, it seems like it is adding *a lot* to the cost of that Samsung (although I admit I didn't price that brand all that closely).

• taggie
    11 years ago

Needs a separate vodka spigot beside it, then it would be perfect!

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

It needs a lime wedge dispenser next to the vodka spigot!

• taggie
    11 years ago

^^ So true!

• lee676
    11 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks Sodastream's Coke/Pepsi-bottle-smashing Super Bowl commercial that CBS refused to run was intentionally designed not to pass muster, knowing they'd get tons of free "Banned Super Bowl Commercial" publicity and web views?

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Lee--Say wha??? Sorry, I'm a girl who has her head buried in the kid/school/homework sand with a DH who works and travels too much so I do just about everything for the kids and who doesn't enjoy watching all the depressing news. I'm out of the loop often. Off to google soda stream and the Super Bowl!

• D Ahn
    11 years ago

I'm with sanjuangirl, a lime wedge dispenser would make this near-perfect, only perfected by a Splenda dispenser.

My wife and I love our Sodastream, and our only complaint about it is seeing it sitting out on our coffee cart. While I would love to have a Sodastream integrated into our refrigerator for the sake of neatness, our built-in refrigerator and freezer are already installed in our cabinets designed around them.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I don't know lee676--they all seemed pretty lackluster this year. It did work out well for sodastream, intentional or not. Everyone loves an underdog, I guess.

Me, I don't even want water in the door--it seems like water/ice dispensers cause the majority of problems with fridges these days.

• weedmeister
    11 years ago

er, the lime/lemon wedges go in the drawer.

• annkh_nd
    11 years ago

I don't even have my ice-maker connected. Eventually DH and I will be looking to replace our fridge, and our choices will be very limited with no built-in water dispenser (I can't see paying for a feature I won't use).

Our neighbors had the water line to their fridge come loose when they were out of town for the weekend - it ruined the kitchen floor, base cabinets, and ALL the carpet, baseboards and drywall in their fully finished lower level! The only good thing was that they were in the process of moving, and didn't have a lot of stuff downstairs. Who thinks to install a shutoff valve for the water to the fridge - or use it every time they leave the house?

• katiepp1
    11 years ago

oh that's pretty cool

• Tmnca
    11 years ago

I have a sodastream, we use it to make "fizzy water" which we enjoy plain or with slices of lemon, cucumber etc. The fridge just dispenses carbonated water if people add junk to it later that's their problem. I would love to have this fridge! It would never fit in our kitchen, though the counter depth already sticks out far enough.