Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_sl

Soap Dispenser Problem

suzanne_sl
12 years ago

When we did our kitchen reno this fall, we installed our first ever soap dispenser. We chose a Kraus soap dispenser to go with the Kraus sink and hooked up the Never MT at installation. We have a bottle of Dawn ultra concentrated dishwashing liquid under the sink. The dispenser worked fine for about a month and then we started getting just splurts and misses. After a while we called Kraus and they sent a new dispenser. Same thing happened again - after a month or so, the dispenser just doesn't dispense much besides the occassional bubble. We checked the Never MT hookup and it looks fine. We cleaned out the pump part of the dispenser and it was clear with no blockages. We still have the first dispenser and it still doesn't work when hooked up to its original bottle. Is it really likely that we have two defective Kraus soap dispensers, or are we missing something? I'm sure Kraus will send us as yet another new dispenser if I call, but I don't want to lay this on them if in fact the issue is at our end. Ideas?

Comments (8)

• Debbi Branka
    12 years ago

I'm not familiar with Kraus or Never MT. We have a Delta faucet with the soap dispenser. Ours spurts and misses when it's empty. It does frequently "drip" after use though, so there's almost always a drip or 2 of dish soap down the inside of the sink. Drives me nuts! I changed from blue Dawn to clear Dawn for this reason. Good luck with yours - hope someone has some more helpful advice.

• suzanne_sl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, deb. Never heard of the Never MT?! Let me introduce you to the link below. Actually, do a search here and see what people have to say. It's very cool, but I never would have learned about it if I wasn't a participant here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Never MT

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Have you tried the soap dispenser without the Nevermt to see what happens? I use hand soap in mine with my Nevermt, and I don't have issues. I've have read that some here cut their liquid detergent with 50% water so that might be worth a try.

• Debbi Branka
    12 years ago

Thanks for the link Suzanne. That's pretty cool! I like some of their drawer inserts too!

• taggie
    12 years ago

deb52899, we have 2 Delta soap dispensers and one of them is over 2 years old and they don't drip at all so I think yours is defective. You can phone them and they will probably send you a new one for free (lifetime warranty).

I called them many years ago re. a faucet that acted up years after installation and they shipped the replacement part no problem. I'm not 100% certain of the dispensers but you should call them and ask for a new one, it doesn't hurt to try.

The number's attached in the link -- good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.deltafaucet.com/customersupport/warranty.html

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    12 years ago

and then we started getting just splurts and misses.
    It is sucking air somewhere. Though you could just request another new one (and have it continue to happen) you might just try troubleshooting the 2 you have and fix them yourself, if possible.

One thing you might try is some rubber washers on the ends what screw onto your dispenser and your bottle. A metal washer would probably work too, if you can't find the right sized (small) rubber one. A good hardware store should be able to help you. You might want to at least take the bottle in with you.

Another source of it possibly sucking air would be where the (what looks like) clear hose connects to the end pieces. Some good black electrical tape, or some teflon tape wrapped tightly around it several times should block anyplace where it might be sucking air.

Good luck..please let us know what you find out.

Sue

• MizLizzie
    11 years ago

Lo and behold the amazing things you learn on Garden Web . . .

Thanks!