Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Help With 1st Floor Layout

Posted by jimson11 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 11:58

Should I keep the original idea of this layout or the one in my message below with the island?

photo 4ac552a5-eb4d-4a4c-9d03-a3683140ad49.jpg

FridgeWallResized photo 6edf374f-4050-4782-aa08-7edd1c32b59f.jpg

photo 2838888f-4a0f-451d-8ef8-e392e274060d.jpg

This post was edited by jimson11 on Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 11:57

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Help With 1st Floor Layout

I don't have any feedback because I'm a newbie, too, but I just wanted to hop in to say I'm interested in this thread because we, too, are doing pretty much a gut job on an old house and I probably will be posting something similar soon.

o

Just to start things off-- the sink location traps you in the corner when you try to load the dishwasher.

o

Okay, maybe I do have something to say, now that dan has started it off and got me thinking. I have the same corner layout in my current kitchen, with corner sink next to dishwasher to the left. I can vouch that you do get "trapped." This layout has also resulted in our under sink cabinet getting super beat-up from when the under sink cabs and dishwasher are open at the same time if a person is reaching to get something from under there, like dishwasher soap.

o

Here is a version I came up with that includes a 24" x 60" island. I've read as many things as I could about how people like/dislike their 24" wide islands and it's pretty much positive across the board. Also I tried to leave at least 42" clearance around. I like how the sink-dishwasher-oven-fridge areas interact but I'm no expert. Can a sink and dishwasher fit in that space? Is this doable??

photo kitchen_layout_with_island.jpg

This post was edited by jimson11 on Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 16:11

o

Sorry to bump my own thread but I have to make my cabinet order soon.

2' x 6' island that can possibly fit a sink and DW...yay or nay??

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here