Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pendant help needed! Please...

Posted by kfhl (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 11:54

I am having a terrible time choosing pendant lights and my husband really wants the lighting done. The 2 pendants will hang from the beams above the island you might be able to seee the blanks where they will go. I like things that are simple for the most part. Our kitchen is far from done - no backsplash, no shelf under the hood, no accessories. We also will be getting a new kitchen table,banquette cushions,island counter stools, an area rug and furniture for living room and the list goes on... That is where most of our color will come from.
Our cabinet hardware and door hardware is orb - I wanted the contrast, but I'm not sure that I like a pendant shade in dark bronze - is it too heavy? I think satin nickel would work with all of the stainless or a glass shade, but I do worry about glare when looking at clear glass.
I can't find my camera battery charger so I apologize for the poor quality phone pics. It really isn't that dark.
Thanks for your help!
Kitchen from Living
Kitchen Nook View
Living Room
Choice 1 - Harmon Pendant in Dark Bronze
Harmon Pendant
Choice 2 - Clemson in Satin Nickel
Clemson 14
Choice 3 - Schoolhouse Pendant
Schoolhouse pendant
I am open to any other suggestions you may have as well. Thanks!

This post was edited by kfhl on Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 12:54

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pendant help needed! Please...

Wow! That is one beautiful kitchen!

I am actually getting the exact pendant from Restoration Hardware and was pleased to see it among your choices. I think it will look great!

o

The schoolhouse pendant picture didn't post in case you want to edit your post.

I love the clemson pendant and think it would look great in your space.

o

I love those that you chose, but can I suggest one more for consideration? Circa Lighting's Andover pendant in aged iron. I think it would look stunning in your amazing kitchen.

I thought of it because your kitchen reminds me a little of this one:

Here is a link that might be useful: Andover pendant

o

inspiredisabel - which one did you choose?
and localeater
Thanks for the compliments and your input. Sorry about the picture posting era - I fixed it.
I didn't consider the clemson at first, but I was thinking the lighting needed to match the hardware - I am over that now.
I have found several similar pendants that I like a little bit better than, but cost a lot more. Mainly at Circa - beautiful, but I also need wall sconces and a dining chandelier etc.

wi-sailorgirl - I love the Andover pendant - thanks for sharing it. I really appreciate the input. It might just be a bit too industrial for me. One of those things I see and think is really great, but maybe is a little too cool for me :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here