Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Caesarstone to mimic marble?

Posted by Laura517 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 11:53

Lots of countertop decisions on the horizon...would like a white countertop that doesn't look too fake- not sure if caesarstone makes one, but my builder likes caesarstone as opposed to some of the other manufacturers. I don't want to see sparkles and flecks of "crystals". I truly love the look of carrera marble but I can't do it on my island being that it does etch.
Help please and photos too if you have! Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Caesarstone to mimic marble?

Caesarstone's Misty Carrara is a durable interpretation of marble (although it doesn't quite look like the real thing). I saw it installed in a modern-leaning kitchen recently with grey subway tile and it was very nice.

o

Misty Carrera is nice and a handsome counter on its own merits, but I don't think it looks at all like any marble I've ever seen.

EDIT This sample looks more like the way it is in real life than any of pipdog's photos, IMHO:

It reads very gray, and not light gray.

This post was edited by writersblock on Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 12:57

o

The new frosty carrina looks like it will be much more marble-like, but it's going to be a while before it's available:

Here is a link that might be useful: new caesarstone colors

This post was edited by writersblock on Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 13:23

o

Thank you for the colors. I've also heard Silestone Lyra is a nice alternative to marble.

o

Cambria Torquay is probably the most popular option here right now, but I thought you wanted to stay with caesarstone. If you search this forum for torquay from the search box at the bottom of the page, you'll find several threads.

o

The only way to truly tell what you will like best is to see them in person. Either order samples or find showrooms that have displays with the colors you are interested in. When it comes to colors that are patterned rather than solid you really must see a whole slab or an installation to really tell what it will look like. Pictures really can't convey what they look like.

o

With Caesarstone, your slab may look very different than the sample with unexpected inclusions. It's happened to a few of us.

o

Thank you again for your help. I do plan to go look now that I have narrowed down the choices.

May: Were you unhappy with the unexpected inclusions that were different from the samples?

o

Sure was. I had Buttermilk, but there were white splotches all over it. It looked like the painters hadn't cleaned up after themselves. BlackChamois has Raven, a dark gray, and hers had white specks. Maybe there was just something wrong in the manufacture of Caesarstone for a short time last year. I would be sure you can check the slabs first, but Caesarstone doesn't consider them a defect. Once the fabricator signs off on them in the delivery truck, they own them, but it's hard to see defects on a dark, crowded truck. If it's just a few weird marks, you can template around them.

o

This week Canada House and Home's weekly video features a beautiful white kitchen with Frosty Carina counters.
The lovely Suzanne Dimma mentions at the end of the video that Frosty Carina is her favorite CaesarStone color. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: House and Home Frosty Carina kitchen

o

For our recent remodel, I spent a lot of time looking at quartz that most closely resembled marble. I believe I had a quartz sample of virtually every brand out there that might fit the vintage look we desired! For us, Silestone Lyra was the clear winner.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here