Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rebeccamomof123

Window treatment for kitchen. Help!

rebeccamomof123
11 years ago

Hello all! Just ordered my cabinets (KraftMaid shaker-style in dove white) and my demo starts next week! So, not that my big decisions have been made, I need to start thinking about the details that will pull the room together. My kitchen will be white cabinets, white trim, oak floors, kashmir white granite and walls painted with silver sage which is a cool blue/grey tone. The room transitions to an open concept dining area/family room which has many red accents including pottery barn cardinal red curtains, etc. So, I'm looking for a color pallet that will carry both blue and red for my accents. The kitchen's focal point will feature a triple hung window with built-in cabinets on both sides with a bench seat in the middle and I'd like to use window treatments, cushions and small area rug to add a pop of color that will help tie the kitchen to the colors of the adjoining room.

So - this was a VERY long-winded way of asking - will these treatments look too busy across a triple window bank behind a bench seat? The colors work great with my kitchen but not sure about the pattern. I was thinking a navy ticking stripe pattern for the bench seat below. Also, I can't help but mention - the price is right on these - like $28 bucks each from Overstock.com. The cost of custom window treatments after what we just spent on the kitchen might put my DH over the deep end.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH