Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window treatment for kitchen. Help!

Posted by Rebeccamom123 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 11:52

Hello all! Just ordered my cabinets (KraftMaid shaker-style in dove white) and my demo starts next week! So, not that my big decisions have been made, I need to start thinking about the details that will pull the room together. My kitchen will be white cabinets, white trim, oak floors, kashmir white granite and walls painted with silver sage which is a cool blue/grey tone. The room transitions to an open concept dining area/family room which has many red accents including pottery barn cardinal red curtains, etc. So, I'm looking for a color pallet that will carry both blue and red for my accents. The kitchen's focal point will feature a triple hung window with built-in cabinets on both sides with a bench seat in the middle and I'd like to use window treatments, cushions and small area rug to add a pop of color that will help tie the kitchen to the colors of the adjoining room.

So - this was a VERY long-winded way of asking - will these treatments look too busy across a triple window bank behind a bench seat? The colors work great with my kitchen but not sure about the pattern. I was thinking a navy ticking stripe pattern for the bench seat below. Also, I can't help but mention - the price is right on these - like $28 bucks each from Overstock.com. The cost of custom window treatments after what we just spent on the kitchen might put my DH over the deep end.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window treatment for kitchen. Help!

Also, meant to add that I will also cross-post thiss to the window forum as well. But, I have to say that I really have come to know and trust the advice from you kitchen webbers and this is more a kitchen decor' question IMO...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here