Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Compac Carrara Quartz

Posted by aks42910 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 11:43

Has anyone used this for a countertop surface? If so, do you have any photos? Also wondering if anyone has seen it in person? what are your thoughts compared to other quartz surfaces like caesarstone frosty carrina, Silestone lyra, etc.

We have chosen a carrara marble beveled subway tile and Im wondering how it will look together. Thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Compac Carrara Quartz

I am in the process of looking at quartz countertops that look like marble, too. I just ordered some samples from Cambria and Silestone online. In Cambria I got Torquay and Waverton. The Torquay is a bright white with grey veining and the Waverton is a "greige" with veining. In Silestone I got samples in Lyra, Lagoon and Helix. I really like the Lagoon, but it doesn't have enough veining for my husband. I think I'm going with the Lyra for several reasons! 1) all of the samples have nice veining, but except for the Lagoon & Lyra, I really noticed what I called "pores" or specks in the quartz 2) I'm choosing a Silestone product over Cambria because the countertop store I'm buying it from will do the fabrication. Cambria requires that all fabrication be done by the manufacture/distributor and I've seen some seams that are deemed acceptable by the company, but would not be acceptable to me. My countertop place is a mom & pop / small business owner and I've seen their seam work and I trust them. Best of luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here