Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP..other stainess steel sink options.. without Ticor

Posted by five4me (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 11:30

With the thought of having time on my side as I waited for my cabinets to be made, I figured I would order my two Ticor sinks... Not.. with what appears to be a company out of business, I am now on the hunt for other stainless options. Stages by Kohler are a bit too pricy but I do like the features..

Any help, direction or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I was going to purchase the Ticor S3510 needed a 33 base drain was centered in the back 10" deep. Second sink was same depth I think and needed a 12 base but was 8x12 the 8 is the part I need as it was running long rather then wide.

Thank you for the guidance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP..other stainess steel sink options.. without Ticor

Have you looked at Elkay? I like my Elkay Aqua Divide, and Elkay is not terribly pricey. My old kitchen had a 50-year-old Elkay stainless sink that, except for the "patina," looked like new.

Ticor is out of business?

Here is a link that might be useful: Elkay sinks

o

Kraus. Many happy owners on this forum. 16-gauge stainless, comes with sink grid and strainer free. I'll link below a reputable website that also always has coupons for 5%-15% off (the home page will show the coupon code).

You could also think about Blanco Silgranit instead of stainless steel. Lots of fervent converts on this forum, who have converted from stainless steel sinks to Silgranit. The main reasons being no water spots, scratching, or dullness. Do a search on this forum for Silgranit and you'll come up with a lot of threads.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus Stainless Steel Sinks

o

We have a Nantucket sink on the way?

o

I love my Lavello but I believe they are more expensive then the Ticor. I think they are now running around $700.

o

Nantucket here, been in about 4 months- really like it- and it's made in the USA.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here