Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dawn_t

scrappy25 : my hacked Ikea rangehood

dawn_t
10 years ago

As requested: here you go :)

I started with a 30x24x24 fan cabinet frame (although in hindsight, a 30x30 base cabinet frame might have worked better).

I cut the face edges so that the cab was 20" deep and assembled with extra screws. 24" deep seemed to stick out too far over the stove...
I also raised the bottom of the frame so that it was recessed 4" up into the cab. This was so I could place the metal liner, for the blower, in the recess and it remained hidden. Just used a Broan 400 insert.

Attached 15x15 cab doors, and filled the gap below them with a piece(s) of 3/4" stock mdf. I cut a small arch in the stock to try and fancy it up and it reflects my doorway arches.

The small crown style shelf is just a cheap 30" floating shelf from Walmart. I think the corbels came from Rona and are probably meant as drapery holders lol. Plan to fill the holes with spackle (some day...)

I still need to line the sides as the cab sides are not long enough with the front piece added (see note above re: using 30x30 frame instead). And the whole thing needs filler pieces next to the wall cabs on either side.
Some day the crown molding and light rail will be added....

HTH,
Dawn

Comments (5)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!