Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP!! Ideas needed for Backsplash with Madre Perla Countertops

Posted by Jan7412 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 11:19

This is my first post on this forum and hope to get some feedback from all you creative types...

We need to choose a backsplash to compliment our beautiful madre perla quartzite countertops. I have been looking at polished white (pearl) onyx staggered tile to maybe glass tile. Any ideas or feedback is appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP!! Ideas needed for Backsplash with Madre Perla Counterto

I believe Pipdog used white onyx tile, and her kitchen looks fabulous.

What color are your cabinets?

your counters are gorgeous, by the way.

o

Thank you for your input!

The cabinet color is Dunn Edwards milk glass.

I have seen the white polished white onyx and love it! Having a problem sourcing the product through my usual Los Angeles tile places.

o

Absolutely gorgeous choices so far. The colors are subtle and incredibly beautiful. I love the wall color, cabinet color, stone, floor - home run.

How do you feel about mother-of-pearl tile? It is available in almost any imaginable format like the 2" x 2" mosaic below, and can have touches of pink to cream, to brown.

o

One thing to look for is how the tile looks with the lights on and lights off. I tried the MOP shell tile in my current kitchen. It was gorgeous with the lights off and only daylight in the room.

As soon as I turned on the ucl or the other lights, it went flat. Someone else mentioned this. I was surprised that it happened.

I think Ann Sachs might have an Onyx tile available.

o

Did you find a bs tile? I'd love to see the result. Yours is one of my favorite neutral kitchens!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here