Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granite seam check-in

Posted by milarab (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 11:08

So, a while back I posted some pictures of a granite seam and someone rightfully pointed out that you can't judge how bad a seam is if you don't know what scale it is on. So, I re-took the pictures with a measuring tape next to the seam. I'd appreciate opinions on whether this is a atrocious, poor, fair, or good seam given the difficulty of color matching and cutting speckled granites.

Also, wondering how much of an industry standard Gorilla Grips + Phantom Seam are. If most professional installers have that technology, then expecting a seam of the quality that tech produces is reasonable. But if not, then I'm not sure if I can justify demanding that level of quality from an installer that does not use that tech.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granite seam check-in

That's acceptible. It's small, doesn't appear to have lippage, and the color isn't bad either.

o

From the close picture you have posted it looks acceptable to me but that is only 2.5 inches of the seam. It would be great if you could also add a longer range photo showing the entire seam.

o

This is a longer shot of the seam. You can see a closer in shot at the link I'm adding; when I showed this closer shot people seemed to almost all think it was a terrible seam, until one person asked how zoomed in I was.

Here is a link that might be useful: Close up

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here