Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vtpoppy_gw

Almost done kitchen!

vtpoppy
16 years ago

Hi

I have been a lurker for the past several months, but I have gotten so much great info and inspiration, I wanted to share with you my almost finished kitchen. Our over-island pendants are back-ordered until March, and we are waiting until next year to decide on a tile backsplash. And still waiting for a little cabinet next to the dishwasher (which still has the protective plastic on it). But we are so thrilled with our kitchen, I wanted to share a few pictures!

This is a new addition - previously we had a small galley kitchen and tiny dining room. We knocked out the wall between the kitchen/dining room to make a large dining room, and added on the new kitchen.

Thanks!

Comments (32)

• fran1523
    16 years ago

It's beautiful. You must be so happy with the result. That granite is gorgeous.

• spinmom
    16 years ago

It's beautiful! Details please! What is the name of that gorgeous granite?

• berryberry
    16 years ago

very nice - love your granite. What is the name of it? Any closeups you can provide of it - hard to make out the range of colors in it but it looks great

• divamum
    16 years ago

beautiful! I love the cabinets and the granite - all the variations in the natural materials are really lovely!

• cotehele
    16 years ago

I LOVE the granite, and the doors are my favorite style. Beautiful kitchen.

• terible
    16 years ago

Wow, that granite really makes me feel like part of the universe. Love the contrast with the simple cabinets!

• pugger
    16 years ago

that is nice!

• vwhippiechick
    16 years ago

Very nice!

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

Beautiful! So airy and lovely--it really creates a beautiful atmosphere. One thought: if you're waiting to do the backsplash, you might want at least to caulk at the wall-edge of the granite with some clear or color-matched caulk, so that nothing will drip down behind the surface, since it's flat there.

• kristenfl
    16 years ago

Your island is a beautiful, natural work of art!

• happymommy
    16 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen! Nice work.

• gneegirl
    16 years ago

Your entire kitehen is fantastic but I have to say, that granite tops is all!! It is beautiful! Congratulations!

gng

• raehelen
    16 years ago

Very interesting. I often don't care for just natural maple or birch cabinets- too light for me, but with that granite, they look just perfect.

• saskatchewan_girl
    16 years ago

Your granite looks fantastic WOW! Very nice kitchen : )

• raenjapan
    16 years ago

Has anyone mentioned how stunning your granite is? ;) Really, that island is probably the most beautiful stone I've ever seen. Congratulations! Everything goes together beautifully.

• vtpoppy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi
    Thanks for the compliments on our granite - we LOVE it. It was a nightmare getting it, but well worth the wait. It came by ship from Brazil, took over 3 months to arrive, and when it finally did arrive at the fabricator I was out of town on business. My husband was there when they were unloading the slabs, emailing me pictures so we could decide. They received 49 slabs, and sold out of it immediately. We were really happy with the slab we chose - it's my favorite part of the kitchen. Here are a few more pictures:

I have no idea how we are going to choose a backsplash that is interesting, but doesn't take away from the granite...Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks!

• vtpoppy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I forgot to mention, the granite is called "Cometa". I saw something similar online called Juparana Papyrus.

:)

• jf595
    16 years ago

Beautiful, the best part was chosen for the island. Did you get to choose or did the fabricator decide on what part of the slab went on the island?

• raehelen
    16 years ago

small, maybe 1 X 2" beige glass tiles?

reflective and pretty, but nothing that will outshine your granite.

• amck2
    16 years ago

Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful kitchen. I'm going to make sure my daughter sees it - she's compiling ideas for a kitchen redo, and this looks just her style.

I have to echo that your granite is amazing! Love how you put it all together. Enjoy!

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

Very nice job. Your granite is to die for gorgeous!

• huango
    16 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!

That island granite is like a work of art.
    Reminds me of when we were picking out granite, we saw this amazing slab of rainforest brown that had veining that looked like a sketch of 2 figures (people). I wanted that slab so badly, but to put up on a wall, because it was just spectacular!!!

• november
    16 years ago

wow - what a beautiful look! the granite, of course, but I love the whole thing. Nice job.

• jejvtr
    16 years ago

Lovely remodel - tasteful, functional, forgiving surfaces
    Is that an 18" DW?

I vote for a very subtle backsplash - You don't want it to stand out or steal the show - I would up the color on the walls too, that will really make the cabs & granite stand out!
    Enjoy your new space

• monicakm_gw
    16 years ago

OMGosh! That granite is show-stopper! Lucky you :) Keep the backslash simple :)
    Monica

• Flowerchild
    16 years ago

Love the whole look and of course your Granite is the focal point. Anything else has to take 2nd place.

• Kristi
    16 years ago

Hey VTPoppy,
    I like your cabinets. Can you let me know which brand they are, and what finish? Thanks.

• vtpoppy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi
    Here are the details:

Cometa granite with butcher block edge (we chose the part of the slab that we wanted on the island)

Mid-Continent Natural Maple cabinets - shaker style - full extension drawers w/blumotion.

Kitchen Aid French Door fridge - love it.

Danze Como faucet w/side spray and soap dispenser (love the never m-t!)

Elkay single bowl stainless sink (very deep!)

Kenmore Elite dishwasher (made by Bosch; I can't recall the model number)

Wolf AG 36" range w/grill
    Wolf Hood w/Windcrest 1000 cfm external blower (got the floor model range and hood, had to get the blower separately)

Benjamin Moore Monroe Bisque paint on the walls (which I might change out to something more interesting, depends what we do with the backsplash)

Canadel bar stools - we have 2 more on order. I got the first 2 five years ago locally and the store no longer carries them. Took some sleuthing to track them down and finally get them ordered. I love them!

I think that's it.

We are extremely happy with just about everything; just a few minor details to straighten out. Oh and after 3 months we finally got our Wolf oven working - we had to have the gas company upgrade the gas line because the diameter of the line was to small (it's propane). Baked brownies for my family for Valentine's Day last night and they came out great!

• starpooh
    16 years ago

May I archive your kitchen in the Finished Kitchens Blog?
    If so please submit the Category Checklist form.
    Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB Category Checklist

• pbrisjar
    16 years ago

I'd do a tumbled or honed natural stone for the backsplash. Something in a cream tone (maybe limestone or travertine or marble).

It is beautiful.

Here is a link that might be useful: tumbled stone tiles

• lynninnewmexico
    16 years ago

Wow, that granite is just gorgeous! And I think it's the perfect piece to show off your cabinets. You really chose well. Congrats!!

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

I sure do hope you noticed my post about caulking the granite/wall intersection if it hasn't been caulked yet. I'd hate to see anything damaged in such a beautiful kitchen.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH