Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marybeth1_gw

Yippee, My cabinets are in!

marybeth1
15 years ago

I know I have a long way to go but just looking at my cabinets makes me smile.

before

after

Comments (16)

• vicnsb
    15 years ago

Oh they look awesome! Isn't it amazing what getting
    rid of the soffit does? You're getting there!
    vic

• rnest44
    15 years ago

Beautiful, an inspiration for my decision to go with a simple raised panel. I love your choice of glass.

• chloe_s_mom
    15 years ago

Yippee is right! They look great! What's your floor colour (I don't trust my computer screen)?

• bmorepanic
    15 years ago

Those are wonderful colors. Congratulations.

• mpeg
    15 years ago

Hi Marybeth,

I've been waiting to see this. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to see what you do for countertops. Remind me which color of the Shiloh cabinets you wet with. They look really nice. I've put theings off but hoping to take the plunge this Spring. You are going to have a beautiful kitchen. It has a really pulled together look.
    Peggy

• haileysuper
    15 years ago

Looks absolutely beautiful! I love the glass and the raised panel and the rich color. Please keep us posted as you go along. I will be so excited to get to that stage myself- ours were just ordered this week.

• Yvonne B
    15 years ago

Beautiful! I'd be smiling too.

• megradek
    15 years ago

just SO pretty! and you already have all the knobs and pulls on?? I'm impressed!

• elvisandcallie
    15 years ago

Your cabinets are gorgeous!

• jenny0314
    15 years ago

They look absolutely gorgeous!

• Fori
    15 years ago

They are very nice and the layout looks great, but where will you stencil???

:)

(I'm not really a stenciling fan, but in that before kitchen I think it actually improved the place! BUt the new is much better. Much!)

• marybeth1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You guys are just too kind. I did not have allot a space to work with but still managed to have 42 inch isles 45 by stove and still keep a small table which was important to me because of mobility issues ,would have loved seating but unable to do barstools. We were going to eliminate the adjoining dining room but load bearing walls and plumbing issues were too costly. Peg, I ended up having a local custom shop's cabinets. It gave me more options, was able to use every precious inch of space and actually was more cost effective. Fori, ha,ha,ha believe it or not I did that 8 years ago when we moved into our circo 1980's Mauve and grey house!(I could still get up and down on a ladder then) Chloe the floor is QS white oak with a very light brown stain. Honestly if I had to do it again I would have left it natural more contrast It still is much lighter than photo oh well I think it will go nice with my white trim and chestnut oak stained doors to match stained windows kind of like jaymielos but of course not on such a grand scale as her beautiful space. Thanks again to everyone who has helped so far. I look forward to posting more and certainly will need and appreciate more help with backsplash.

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

Love the glass door and rich color of your cabs!

• evilbunnie
    15 years ago

Wow, that's gorgeous, and you're just starting with the fun stuff! Love the seedy glass, and the cabinet color. And the QS floor.

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

Land o' goshen, that QS oak (is that right? Or is it some other 'sawn'?) floor is amazing. Doesn't it just *radiate* in person? :) Is it red or white oak? Looks red from the pic, but it's hard to tell, I suspect, because the colors are possibly a bit off.

Love the cabinets too, but I lust after the floor :)

• jnjmom
    15 years ago

Looks soooo wonderful already -- can't wait to see what it looks like all put together!!