Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SF Bay Area Quartz counters

Posted by bons (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 10:41

I need to order my counter tops very soon.

Quartz is available all over the place in the bay area, and rather than run around to tons of places, I'm wondering if anyone in the Bay Area (preferably east bay, but not absolutely necessary) has a source they can recommend.

I'm considering Cambria, Caesarstone, Siletone, ... (hoping for one of the marble wanna-be colors).

I care mostly about price, and of course quality of fabrication/installation.

Many thanks,
Bonnie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SF Bay Area Quartz counters

I got Caesarstone counters one year ago. I ordered through my KD in Santa Rosa and they were fabricated and installed by DCD Fabrication in Benicia - www.dc-distribution dot com.

I don't know if they have a yard and slabs or just do the fabrication. I was happy with their work and my counters. I had one issue where one side of my stove recess was too tight. They took off the excess on site and cleaned up any mess they created.

o

Thanks. Looks like you have to order through one of their partners as they just do the fabrication. I'll check out a local partner.

Bonnie

o

A few years ago I used Bracho in Newark for a marble job. The guy (Henry I think) was particular about stuff (things like "you KNOW you're gonna stand on that to change a lightbulb so get a better chunk of plywood under it"). Our job was weird and they did a good job.

They were installers of some sort of quartz at the time--don't know which or if they still are but easy enough to call them. They're right by 880 and not in a sketchy area if that helps. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here