Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter1

Whole House Finished Pics

beaglesdoitbetter1
12 years ago

For anyone interested, the house is about as done as it is going to be for a while since I'm not moving in until some time in April and even then, have very little furniture and plan to collect stuff over time to get unique items.

There's a few representative pictures below and lots and lots more on the blog.

Kitchen at night:

A few more cabinet interior shots:

Breakfast nook:

Great room:

Gathering room:

Sun room:

Foyer:

Conservatory:

Pantry:

Dog room:

Hallways:

Staircase:

Upstairs laundry:

Master bedroom:

Master bath:

My closet:

Fiance's closet:

Guest bath:

Jack and Jill bath:

Comments (43)

• dragonfly08
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow. Wow. Wow. Lovely. Grand. Breathtaking. It really looks like you put so much thought into every inch of the house and still made it your own. Amazing hardware throughout (I'm especially digging your closet!)!

• joaniepoanie
    12 years ago

WOW!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!!

• clarygrace
    12 years ago

Absolutely stunning! You have created a masterpiece in your home! Love the dog room! My Golden Retreiver Gracey is drooling right now....!
    Enjoy your beautiful home and the hunt for those perfect pieces that will compliment it!

• bama12
    12 years ago

LOVE your home!! Your granite is so gorgeous! I am so glad to see someone (besides me), who still loves the color blue and isn't afraid to use it! Your moldings and light fixtures are just beautiful...! Want to see more pictures please of your home inside and outside...!!

• kngwd
    12 years ago

WOW! That Jack & Jill sink is too cool!!! What is that????

OK, now I'm depressed! : ) Enjoy your beautiful home!

• ayerg73
    12 years ago

WOW! Beautiful!

I love your closet shots compared to your fiance's. Too funny...

The sink in the Jack and Jill bath is very cool.

• rocketmomkd
    12 years ago

Your home is stunning!! You must be so eager to move in. I saw your last post with lots of kitchen pics and it's awesome to see the rest of the home as well. What are the pull-out on either side of your cooktop?

• caminnc
    12 years ago

Most beautiful! Enjoy your new home and your soon to be husband.

• kammererk
    12 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. Love the dog room - what a creative idea for the steps! So many great ideas!

• tea4all
    12 years ago

Your home is stunning! Everything about it is so beautiful. You have thought out every detail. Your glass knobs are exceptional. Thanks for the link to the pics on the blog. Enjoy furnishing it and living in such a picturesque setting!

• blfenton
    12 years ago

The level of detail in the planning is breath-taking. The pantry, the utensil drawer, the closets, the tie-rack etc. The other thing is the planning for the windows to capture so much natural light. I love natural light and you have captured so much of it. It's beautiful.

How long were you in the planning stages for the home?

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

Gorgeousssssss

See you in April!

• Ann Scheley
    12 years ago

O. M. G(osh).

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

bama12 if you click on the "blog" link, you can see many more pictures. Here's the website address for the blog too in case the link doesn't work:
    http://stonepondhouse.blogspot.com/

kngwd the jack & jill sink is concrete.

LOL ayerg73, I put a very nice chandelier in my fiances closet- one of my favorite on the whole house! He has a little dresser in there too that you don't see because it was off the shot. I didn't take very good pictures of that closet because if you read my walk-thru story, I got LOCKED in there when I was going through the house because the door knob fell off when I was inside. I wasn't too eager to go back in the closet after that!

rocketmomkd, the pull-out on the bottom left is a grid w/ hooks for hanging utensils and stuff. The top left has little cups for utensils (much like the bottom right). Bottom right has cups for utensils and then space for storing whatever on the bottom. Top right has hooks for oven mits and then a place to put pot and pan lids.

blfenton that is actually a pants rack, not a tie rack :) The windows were a big thing w/ me. When we met w/ our builder I basically said that I did not want any walls, just cabinets, fireplaces and windows. And that is ALMOST what we have, although there had to be some walls for practicalities sake, LOL.

We really did not do a lot of planning for the house although we looked at every single lot in town for months to find the right one. We found our builder by accident when we were thinking of buying a house, we went into 3 houses he built and loved the detail in all of them so we called him up and asked him to build ours. Then, I was online looking at other houses he'd built and found one we loved the outside of and floor plan of. We went to see it the morning before we met w/ him and that afternoon we said we wanted him to build that one for us. We made some modifications (adding the upstairs laundry room, changing the master bath a little, adding the dog-room and walk in pantry and sunroom) and that was it. Of course, all the inside details and designs are different but the basic floor plan was a one-day planning process!

It took 16 months to build, though, and I did a lot of research during that 16 months and found a lot of really amazing people who did beautiful work (all of my builder's people, except for the tile people, plus Dutch Wood, Designer Glass mosaics who did the mural and glass knobs, Paco Originals for the concrete sinks, the granite and marble people, and the guy who arranged for our fireplace to be hand-carved and imported especially although I am sure there are others I am forgetting).

I really really liked our builder and if anyone is building a house in the area (outside Philly) I would love to recommend him! It was a completely trouble-free transaction!

• marcolo
    12 years ago

Your place looks so fun. You need to host a GW hayride through it. It is so great to see new construction with personality--it's one in a million.

• angie_diy
    12 years ago

Holy cats! Ooops, I mean "dogs." Swoon thud gorgeous.

• remodelfla
    12 years ago

I'm hard pressed to come up with words... it's simply grand.
    Thanks for sharing the journey from plans, deciding colors, and the final product with us. What fun!!

• kellienoelle
    12 years ago

I am really speechless, it is absolutely perfect, just the perfect blend of elegant, playful, colorful, personal, etc. I can't say that I have ever been quite so jealous of a stranger's dogs before, but those are going to be some pampered pooches with their own little perfect doggie spaces.

• samana
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Would you mind sharing some things? How did you get the drawer with all the cut-outs for the kitchen tools? How was the stone on the fireplace done? And what flooring did you use? Thanks so much.

• dilly_ny
    12 years ago

Wow! What an incredible home. Enjoy!

• Bunny
    12 years ago

I'm speechless. I too am blown away by the drawer with the customized slot for each utensil. What is that space just above, to the left of the paper towel compartment?

It's simply an amazing house.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL marcolo I don't know about a hayride... maybe a dog sled ride or something... a hayride sounds messy!

samana, the drawer w/ the utensils was ordered from Wood Hollow Cabinets. I believe it was like $250 or somewhere around that, and it included the utensils. They sent it to Dutch Wood who fit it to the drawer/made it the drawer bottom.

The stone on the fireplace was done by a stone mason w/ mortar. I don't know much else other than that. It's real stone not veneer. If you want me to try to find out more than that, let me know what info you are looking for.
    The flooring is natural american cherry throughout the house.

llinelle, that is a dish towel niche. There's one by each paper towel holder, which is by each sink.

• decordummy_gw
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!

If or when I get to heaven I would like a house like this (of course in my dream it comes with a whole lot of cleaning staff).

• cawaps
    12 years ago

That's amazing. The level of detail and craftsmanship blows away 99.9% of contemporary homes. I've seen detail reminiscent of your gathering room in Edwardian homes, but recent homes, not so much. It's truly spectacular.

• michoumonster
    12 years ago

wow, your closets are amazing! was wondering, what are those 2 lazy susan-like cabinets in your closet for, is it for rotating shoes?

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago
  • cat_mom
    12 years ago

What an amazing house! All of your efforts choosing all of the details shows.

• plllog
    12 years ago

This is very exciting that you have a move in date!! I'm also a furnish over time kind of person. It took three years to find my table, and another couple for the chairs. For a long time, my dining room was just an antique rug. :) I kept trying to have dinners desert style, with throw pillows on the rug, but no one wanted to come....

My advice, if you don't have a table and chairs, get a folding banquet table and some card chairs. People will visit you if you give them somewhere to sit. :)

Still have to tease you though--all those places for utensils, and you don't even cook, and all that island that no one is allowed to use. :) Such a waste. :) At least you allow fires in the fireplaces. :)

May you be renewed by your new home, and have many, many contented years there. May it be full of love, laughter, abundance, joy and blessings.

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Zowie!!!
    Wow!!
    I love it - wish I could do something close.
    My DH would love the kitchen drawers - a place for everything!!!
    Thank you for sharing the pictures.

• abbeys
    12 years ago

Baeutiful! Thanks so much for sharing. Congratulations!

• oldbat2be
    12 years ago

What fun to look at! I started counting fireplaces but gave up after a while.... So enjoyed browsing the pictures and digging into the details. Some favorites: the trim work in the hallways, the dog cabinet pull, your closet(oh my yes!!) and simply the idea of having a conservatory. Hope this ends up being a fabulously cozy room with a comfy place to curl up and read. What fun you will have finding furniture for this! Congratulations on your lovely new home and may your life in it be filled with sunshine and blue skies, mirroring your color scheme :).

• herbflavor
    12 years ago

oh goodness: a "perfect" little china doll...wait till she gets dressed with all the furnishings! I suppose you are having a great time thinking and picking things out...

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

Congrats! Everything is just amazing! I love all the blue and how it works so well in every room.

It's also refreshing to hear about your good experiences during the build.

• prill
    12 years ago

Really lovely Beagles. The dog room is just fun and practical - the chandy in there is perfect and those cute knobs. Your attention to detail really makes everything work. I have to agree... you have to learn to cook something in that beautiful kitchen.

I'm glad to hear that you will collect pieces over time and find whatever is just right. Prill

• amarantha
    12 years ago

Wow - Such beautiful details throughout! Gorgeous.

I agree that the hay would be a bit messy but with all of those gorgeous rooms it would be a fun place for a gathering. Especially with a conservatory I think you should host a GW mystery party ala the game CLUE. Whodunnit? hmmm... but I bet one of those kitchen tools is missing from that drawer!

Enjoy your new home :)

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL decordummy- I don't know what we're going to do about cleaning. Our GC said he's never had a cleaning bill as big as our house :( We asked the lady who did the post construction cleaning if she'd like to come back and do it for us regularly and she said no- so we have to try to find someone who will be willing to put up w/ all the special finishes and stuff...

michoumonster one of the lazy susans is for shoes and the other is for handbags.

plllog we have rugs too. Oriental rugs, three couches and a whole lot of armoires and tables, that's what we have (but not kitchen table or dining table yet). I'd love to find someone to custom make me the kitchen furniture I am looking for... We'll see... And I absolutely allow fires in the fireplaces- I'll have those going every day that I can!

LOL oldbat2be. There are only 4 fireplaces. I WANTED 9 (conservatory, master bath, upstairs guest room, kitchen and dining room are the missing ones) but I got vetoed! The back hall w/ the trim is one of my favorite things in the whole house too. And the dog knobs and hooks and chandelier!

amarantha I'd gladly host a gardenweb gathering! Some people here are great cooks and could bring delicious food over! ;) But the kitchen tools better stay where they are! LOL!

• enduring
    12 years ago

Absolutely breath taking. I love it all. I love your yellow shelves in the conservatory too.

What paint color is your foyer?

• belugacoop
    12 years ago

Wow! Elegant and fun.

• mmhmmgood
    12 years ago

Beagles, it's been fun watching the process unfold for you here through GW. Thanks for sharing with us, you have a spectacular home.

Your kitchen is really amazing, with so many great details. I wish I had time to come and teach you how to use some of that stuff to it's full potential ;) I'm sure you'll learn a thing or two as time goes on.

LOVE the fireplaces and all the windows, I have some serious closet envy (for yours, I'm glad you eventually got out of DF's closet!), love the view from your master bath, and the jack and jill sink is so much fun!

Congratulations on finishing! I hope you'll keep us posted on how your furniture finding goes, and on how you, DF and the dogs are enjoying the house!

• maisoui1
    12 years ago

Just special! Great job. A new house with character. Just lovely. Would you mind sharing where you got the lighting fixtures - chandeliers - as well as the knobs?
    Thanks

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

maisoui1, there are lots of chandeliers from all different places, but I will do my best.

The light fixtures in the foyer, the great room, the upstairs laundry, the upstairs hall and the arch leading to the double doors are all from the Seagull Highlands collection
    The chandeliers in the kitchen are James R. Moder
    The chandelier in the master bath is from Shades of Light
    The chandelier is the conservatory is from Progress Electric and is from the Versailles collection.
    The chandelier in the sunroom is from Elk Lighting.
    The chandelier in the master bedroom is from Crystorama
    All the other ones were either custom-made (the beagle one) or antiques collected from ebay, antique shops, etc.

The knobs:
    The kitchen glass are handmade and from Designer Glass Mosaics.
    The kitchen w/ the mother-of-pearl are from Schuab
    The maps in the great room are from Anthropologie
    The large glass in the dining room are from Anthropologie
    The beagles are Emtek
    The laundry room washtubs, socks etc are Emenee
    The flowers and bows in my closet are Anne at Home
    All the other ones (rocks, sea glass, etc.) are all custom-made from various people on Etsy.

The glass doorknobs throughout the house are antiques that my fiance and his dad modified to work w/ regular door knob bases from Home Depot (that was quite a project involving taking apart 80 door knobs!)

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

oops sorry enduring, didn't see your question before. It is SW tinsmith.

• enduring
    12 years ago

Thanks Beagles.