Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Monaco Mystery Solved

Posted by beekeeperswife (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 10:34

So, after I get the 3rd email....(and I haven't responded to any).....

I figured it out.

It was my dh having too much fun! I think he was a little disappointed I didn't respond to any of the emails. He's lucky he is leaving town today!

I did ask him if WE were going to Monaco, and if that was his way of telling me...but no...

BUT, I got a REAL email inquiring about doing some decorating work from someone who just built a new house. Cross your fingers.

Off to stick a pink stuffed animal in my dh's carry-on suitcase, I'm sure the TSA officers will like that....LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Monaco Mystery Solved

Ha, I suspected it :)
How did you figure it out? Can you add some nice lingerie to the pink animal?

o

awwww, that is so sweet.

o

Oh this is soo funny! Love the stuffed animal idea. Good luck on the real job! Michelle

o

Apparently Irish lead crystal Easter eggs look like grenades in the scanners.

I'm just sayin'.

o

Too funny. I *appreciate* the humor as it's right up my DH's alley too.

o

This is a HOOT. I roared when I read it.
And then fori's suggestion for a ''gift.''

And, seriously, good luck with the new house decorating contact. Hope you get it. Hope you can share here if you do.

o

Darn, you aren't going to some far off exotic land to consult? Bee, you would have been perfect......too funny! Your DH has a wicked sense of humor.

o

Ok, that is so funny !!

But arrgggh !! Bee, you have been around GW long enough, why would you start a new thread to give us this extra bit of info ?? What about all of us that are following your other thread about this ? What if we had not seen this thread ?!?!

o

Well, Angela, there you go. I bumped up the older thread with a link to this one. Hope that helps.

I didn't look for it because the last entry I saw was from 2/1 (page 9 or 10). And quite frankly a lot of my threads have disappeared (not sure why) so I just decided to start a new one with the conclusion to the story. I guess I didn't know people actually followed the story.

And so far I haven't heard that my dh had any trouble with the TSA. He probably doesn't know why he got a "look" from one of the agents though... I also put a note with the bear "Have a good trip Adnon"

Thanks for the well wishes with my potential "real" client.

o

Oh boy bee - I think he owes you a trip somewhere for that one, lol!

You could get really creative with the suitcase 'gift'. ;)

Good luck with your potential client! Word of mouth is huge, hoping this one sticks (name is not Adnon I take it)!

o

Did we ever learn who he sat next on that trip a while back? Maybe I missed it...

o

Wow, your DH is awesome. That's hysterical!

o

williamsem, nope we never learned who the mystery TKO person was.

o

I'm very happy I saw this one. I wondered if you had decided to respond to the email or if anything else had come of it. It's a great joke, your husband is quite the prankster. The bear & the note in the suitcase is funny too. : )

o

so funny! Bummer about Monaco though. Dying to go. Hope your decorating contact works out. If you lived near me, I'd hire you in a second!

o

I don't know him but I like him. He's hilarious!

o

Congrat's on your real client. I think it would only be professional of you to let them know that you may be unavailable from time to time as you are finalizing a contract with a European client.

o

I have been a fly on the wall admiring all of your work.

My husband makes so much fun of me reading gardenweb he says "are you blogging?" and he laughs at himself thinking he's funny.

But your husband actually sounds funny.

o

Too funny
Husbands...
Bee I still want to hire you but I have a husband in the way ;)

o

Love mtnrdredux' "I think it would only be professional of you to let them know that you may be unavailable from time to time as you are finalizing a contract with a European client."
A perfect response! Your bear and note- hilarious! You got him!

Good luck with your new client- keep us posted!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here