Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Monaco Mystery Solved

beekeeperswife
11 years ago

So, after I get the 3rd email....(and I haven't responded to any).....

I figured it out.

It was my dh having too much fun! I think he was a little disappointed I didn't respond to any of the emails. He's lucky he is leaving town today!

I did ask him if WE were going to Monaco, and if that was his way of telling me...but no...

BUT, I got a REAL email inquiring about doing some decorating work from someone who just built a new house. Cross your fingers.

Off to stick a pink stuffed animal in my dh's carry-on suitcase, I'm sure the TSA officers will like that....LOL

Comments (20)

• nosoccermom
    11 years ago

Ha, I suspected it :)
    How did you figure it out? Can you add some nice lingerie to the pink animal?

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

awwww, that is so sweet.

• michelle16
    11 years ago

Oh this is soo funny! Love the stuffed animal idea. Good luck on the real job! Michelle

• Fori
    11 years ago

Apparently Irish lead crystal Easter eggs look like grenades in the scanners.

I'm just sayin'.

• chiefy
    11 years ago

Too funny. I *appreciate* the humor as it's right up my DH's alley too.

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

This is a HOOT. I roared when I read it.
    And then fori's suggestion for a ''gift.''

And, seriously, good luck with the new house decorating contact. Hope you get it. Hope you can share here if you do.

• firstmmo
    11 years ago

Darn, you aren't going to some far off exotic land to consult? Bee, you would have been perfect......too funny! Your DH has a wicked sense of humor.

• angela12345
    11 years ago

Ok, that is so funny !!

But arrgggh !! Bee, you have been around GW long enough, why would you start a new thread to give us this extra bit of info ?? What about all of us that are following your other thread about this ? What if we had not seen this thread ?!?!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, Angela, there you go. I bumped up the older thread with a link to this one. Hope that helps.

I didn't look for it because the last entry I saw was from 2/1 (page 9 or 10). And quite frankly a lot of my threads have disappeared (not sure why) so I just decided to start a new one with the conclusion to the story. I guess I didn't know people actually followed the story.

And so far I haven't heard that my dh had any trouble with the TSA. He probably doesn't know why he got a "look" from one of the agents though... I also put a note with the bear "Have a good trip Adnon"

Thanks for the well wishes with my potential "real" client.

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

Oh boy bee - I think he owes you a trip somewhere for that one, lol!

You could get really creative with the suitcase 'gift'. ;)

Good luck with your potential client! Word of mouth is huge, hoping this one sticks (name is not Adnon I take it)!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Did we ever learn who he sat next on that trip a while back? Maybe I missed it...

• olivertwistkitchen
    11 years ago

Wow, your DH is awesome. That's hysterical!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

williamsem, nope we never learned who the mystery TKO person was.

• angela12345
    11 years ago

I'm very happy I saw this one. I wondered if you had decided to respond to the email or if anything else had come of it. It's a great joke, your husband is quite the prankster. The bear & the note in the suitcase is funny too. : )

• caitlinmagner
    11 years ago

so funny! Bummer about Monaco though. Dying to go. Hope your decorating contact works out. If you lived near me, I'd hire you in a second!

• halfwaythere
    11 years ago

I don't know him but I like him. He's hilarious!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

Congrat's on your real client. I think it would only be professional of you to let them know that you may be unavailable from time to time as you are finalizing a contract with a European client.

• detroit_burb
    11 years ago

I have been a fly on the wall admiring all of your work.

My husband makes so much fun of me reading gardenweb he says "are you blogging?" and he laughs at himself thinking he's funny.

But your husband actually sounds funny.

• ppbenn
    11 years ago

Too funny
    Husbands...
    Bee I still want to hire you but I have a husband in the way ;)

• beachpea3
    11 years ago

Love mtnrdredux' "I think it would only be professional of you to let them know that you may be unavailable from time to time as you are finalizing a contract with a European client."
    A perfect response! Your bear and note- hilarious! You got him!

Good luck with your new client- keep us posted!