Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would you put insta hot/cold on main sink or prep sink?

Posted by akcorcoran (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 10:30

My rationale for prep sink was that I don't necessarily want to see dishes when I get cold/hot water but some people have offered that two faucets clutter up the island. (Hard to believe that since the instahot/cold ones are so small?)

Your thoughts and/or experience?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would you put insta hot/cold on main sink or prep sink?

For flow in your kitchen I'd put them at the main sink. It's closer to the glasses (for instant cold) and coffee cups (for instant hot) and more convenient to the snacking area, and plus I wouldn't want to encourage that traffic into my prep aisle.

o

I'd put it where you use it, which I assume would be prep sink. Is that where you'll make tea, instant oatmeal, jumpstart a pot of pasta water?

We might end up putting one by the cleanup sink too, since that's adjacent to DH's coffee/tea station and he likes to preheat mugs, coffee carafe and tea pot with hot water.

o

Ditto Taggie. I don't want interlopers who just want a glass of water or hot water for tea in my prep area while I'm working. They need to stay out of my way. I put the filtered water at my cleanup sink for that very reason.

o

Thanks, all! We have one going in the wet bar too so I can send the interlopers down there but thinking about where the glasses/mugs are is a good point. Thanks, GW gurus!

o

We're putting ours at the "extra" sink, which is actually the bar/beverage/coffee/morning food/snacks/garden/helper-prep sink near the fridge. It's closest to the dining room, hall and back door than to the range. We'll store all glassware above the bar sink, not the clean-up sink. The range is nearer the clean-up sink, and I don't want anyone walking in the cook/clean area when doing dishes or cooking, so we're keeping all other activities at the perimeter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here