Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Base Cabinets for Pots & Pans?

Posted by cwalen (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 10:29

What is the best base cabinet for pots and pan storage?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Base Cabinets for Pots & Pans?

All together now: DRAWERS! :-)

o

1st Place: Agree w/ Angie: Drawers! Drawer dividers can be nice for this too....if you have a couple of these.

2nd place: Base (30"-36") with Butt, full height doors; roll out shelf on bottom ( for pots) and shelf on top (for frying pans). This is good if someone has a really tall stock pot that won't fit in a drawer.

o

Another vote for drawers. I keep most of my pans and small pots in drawers and the lids in a separate spot with divider. I have a cooktop and my large pots/roasting pan/colander are under there in a base cabinet with no pull out. It's open enough that I didn't feel I needed the pull out. Drawers are awesome!!

o

Deep and wide ones, too.

o

Drawers- I do not like rollouts at all. I try to encourage my clients to do lots and lots of drawers. They are the easiest to get in and out of.
Travis Alfrey
Pinehurst, NC

o

Corner susans are excellent for taller pots.

o

I've had both rollout shelf and drawers, and drawers win. My old c.1961 kitchen had lower cabinets with a rollout shelf on the bottom and a fixed half-shelf on top(kitchen came to us that way). I thought this was great until I switched to drawers in the remodel. What an improvement! I measured the largest stockpot and made the bottom drawer deep enough. All saucepans, stockpots, and skillets live in drawers under my cooktop, each with its own lid on top. My largest roasting pan is in the big, deep cab over the fridge, and my cookie sheets and commonly used baking/roasting pans are in a thin lower cab.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here