Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thoughts on buying used Jenn Air wall oven? (W30400P)

Posted by brandonb (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 10:21

Hi everyone,

We're looking to do a minor remodel on our kitchen. We first were just planning to partially knock down a wall between our kitchen and living area, adding a granite bar where the wall was, and then adding a pantry for additional storage at the other end of the kitchen. However, we've just started discussing upgrading the appliances while we're at it if we can do it fairly economically. I found a great deal on a Jenn Air W30400P stainless steel wall oven. I couldn't find much online about this model and read some unfavorable reviews regarding Jenn Air given their transitions from Maytag to Whirlpool. Does anyone have any opinions on this oven?

Also, for reference, here are the other appliances we'd do. Please feel free to comment on these if you have any thoughts.
Fridge - Samsung 18cu ft (RF197ACRS) - Only fridge available that is 33" wide to fit our space and counter depth
Cook top - Debating between 30" Gas Bosch 800 series or GE Cafe - Opinions?
Microwave - GE Profile Spacemaker II (We're building it into our cabinets so needed something that was the right depth)
Dishwasher - Currently have Bosch and plan on keeping it

Thanks for the help everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thoughts on buying used Jenn Air wall oven? (W30400P)

I had this oven - the baking capability was fine, but I had to have the control panel replaced. What really irked me is that steam comes out those vents in the front whenever the oven is in use and it would stream right up the front of the cabinet above it. It was very noticable - guests would always think something was on fire.

o

Thanks for the response. It's not my top choice of oven, however we can get it for $150, used in good condition. (See picture) The steam issue is very odd though. That alone my make me look somewhere else.

o

I had that same oven, and also needed to have the control panel replaced. I had only used it a few times because it was my second oven, but I could only use three of the numbers! I cannot remember what the estimate was to fix it, sorry.

Nancy

o

Only buy it if it can be hooked up to be sure the control panel works. That is their Achilles heel. And that's why you shouldn't use the self clean feature with them as it fries the control panel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here