Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klay538

Cabinet Advice Needed

klay538
10 years ago

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the great info I've already read as I start on my first ever renovation (in my first ever home). We just bought an old stone colonial in PA and our first big reno is to redo the kitchen.

We have our general layout done and my next big hurdle is to choose the cabinets and get those ordered since I know they can take awhile. Our budget is modest--$15k for cabinets--so I'm willing to consider any options including Ikea. We're in the Philly area so of course I would love to go with one of the recommended Amish cabinet makers, but I just don't know if they'll be within our budget. Master Design Cabinetry, Oxford Cabinetry, Triple A Custom in particular I've seen recommended multiple times on this forum. I actually already reached out to Master Design, sent them my layout and photos and am waiting for a price.

So anyway, I was hoping I could get some guidance/recommendations on any Amish or otherwise custom cabinets in PA that might actually fall within or close to our budget. Or which box-store cabinets--Ikea, Home Depot, etc--people would recommend.

I'm still learning the lingo so not sure if this is the right way to describe it but here goes: We're planning roughly 19 linear feet of base cabinets, plus cabinets for a 36" fridge and 30" wall oven/microwave combo, 7 linear feet of wall cabinets, and a 3x5" island.

Thanks so much in advance!! So glad I found this awesome forum!

Comment (1)