Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dmblewitt

Looking for pictures of Spanish Olive -- please help!!

Danielle
14 years ago

After sampling what seems like a million different greens for my kitchen, I made a last minute decision to paint it Benjamin Moore's Soft Fern instead of the Camouflage I originally chose. I was originally looking for a nice muted green to go with my new maple cabinets, white trim and greyish/almond colored ceramic tile floor. The color turned out to be quite green!! A little more than for my liking. Does anyone have any pictures of a more muted, subtle gray/green? I was thinking possibly Spanish Olive now? Please help, my cabinets are being installed today and I will need to act fast before all the trim, flooring and other accessories are installed. I will be so grateful, thanks!!

Comments (13)

• numbersjunkie
    14 years ago

I used a Sherwin Williams color called Favorite Tan, that is actually a very subtle olive color. I first spotted it in friends kitchen and used it in my bedroom. I'm sure BM can match it. Online it definitely looks Tan, but its definitley got a olive tint. Beautiful, and I have gotten lots of comments on it.

• lmcal
    14 years ago

I'm sorry I can't help right now, but I chose Spanish Olive for my dining room. They will be painting in a couple of days and I can post a pic for you, but it sounds like you need to make a decision sooner than that!
    fwiw...I do think it is a lovely color and believe it will be muted enough for you...
    L

• lmcal
    14 years ago

Socs: Another BM color that you might like is Vale Mist. I used it in a bedroom and it immediately became my favorite color! I wanted to use it in the living room/kitchen, but my DH had his heart set on a "bluer" shade... It is very muted, grayish green and gives me a very peaceful feeling every time I look at it.
    Good luck
    L

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

What about Baby Turle by BM

SweetCaroline Green by BM

Say Brook Sage by BM

Saybrook Sage Rdquilter's kitchen from GW

Here is a link that might be useful: Greens on GW

• Danielle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lmcal: If you could post a pic when you have one that would be great! If too much trouble, let me know what you think. I'm trigger shy to paint another color for fear of picking another bad color! After comparing my samples of Spanish Olive with my cabinets last night, Im really leaning towards that one but just need an extra push to do it I guess -- I'm hoping for feedback from people who have used it.

• lmcal
    14 years ago

It's no trouble at all. Hopefully they will paint it soon! Like you, I haven't seen it 'in use' yet, but I'm pretty positive I'm going to like it.

Here's a pic of the Vale Mist... Not sure how it will translate over the computer, but I love the color!

Actually, I will go to my house tomorrow and paint an area spanish olive for you. Hang in there!!

L

• Danielle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The Vale Mist is beautiful - I really like it in the picture there! I actually painted some of the Spanish Olive over the Soft Fern last night and it seems that it is the perfect muted gray/green. My schedule changed a little so I'm hoping to possibly paint the first coat tonight after work...I think!? Who knew the least expensive expense of doing a kitchen would cause so much stress?!

• lmcal
    14 years ago

I think the SO will be beautiful! I hear you about the stress... I have about 10 "blues" all over my living room at the moment!!
    Good luck!!

• Danielle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I painted the first coat of the Spanish Olive and I love it - seems to be the perfect balance of gray and green! Hope your project goes just as well! Good luck to you also! I will post pictures after the 2nd coat this weekend. Hopefully, it will help future lost people like myself, haha.

• lmcal
    14 years ago

So glad you love it... Can't wait to see your pics; please post!!

• JaydeD
    2 years ago

Danielle, did you ever paint your room Spanish Olive? I‘d love to see a photo of uour finished project!

• JaydeD
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Thanks Danielle. Very nice! The soft green really plays well with your cabinets. Also good to have decent photos of the Spanish Olive paint color.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio