Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fnzzy

brick backsplash? anyone?

fnzzy
16 years ago

Has anyone seen any brick (or brick like) backsplashes?

Comments (13)

• luvnola
    16 years ago

I have seen several on the FKB. Sorry I can't remeber exactly who but there were several gorgeous ones. One in particular,(again with the amnesia-premenapause is killing me!)one poster who not only used brick pavers as a back splash but also did one wall and her floor. Simply BEAUTIFUL! I liked it so much I am using brick pavers for my back splash and behind my hood. Perhaps if you search the FKB for backspashes, then brick you will be able to locate them. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

• fnzzy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

oh darn, I did look through the whole fkb and didn't see a single one....I must have missed it.

• luvnola
    16 years ago

Well, not specifically the backsplash, but go to the FKB and look for flash407's kitchen. She used a good deal of brick, but did not include the backsplash. However, it may give you a good idea of what one would look like:)

• ksfaustin
    16 years ago

Oh, I know this one! Stovegirl! It's wonderful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stovegirl's Kitchen

• fnzzy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ooh nice. fake brick - I never would have known! Just like my mom wants to remove! LOL. excpet they make it so much nicer now than in the 70's.

• saskatchewan_girl
    16 years ago

Have you taken a look at ratemyspace? Muranogirl is putting in a very nice glass backsplash : ) Worth a peek!
    Do you mean brick style (subway) layout or actual brick?
    Here are a !FEW! ,LOL, I've seen on FKB that are subway tiles placed in the brick style.

dlosapio a>

• jan_in_wisconsin
    16 years ago

Ours is tile that looks like brick:

• fnzzy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

saskatchewan - yeah, I meant looked like real brick, not just in a brick pattern. :)

ahh Jan..nice. What kind is that?

• rhome410
    16 years ago

I wanted brick...I felt it would be kind of timeless and classic, not trendy. I couldn't find the right color, though, and ended up choosing 4x8 slate tile I found at Home Depot...kind of a happy medium between stone and brick. I think brick would be GREAT. And Stovegirl's kitchen is a good example.

• jenanla
    16 years ago

Here's one from Daltile that looks like it would work.
    Jenn

Here is a link that might be useful: Daltile Union Square

• luvnola
    16 years ago

FWIW - I got mine from Magnolia Brick Pavers in Prairieville, La. (same place flash407 got hers) as my parents live right down the road and could bring me up samples. They had quite a few beautiful colors and were priced very reasonably $1.80 per sq ft to $1.99 sq ft. However, it was as much to have them shipped as it was
    for the cost of the materials. But even with shipping (I'm in SC)it came out to a little over $4 a square foot.

Jan in Wisconsin - What color are your walls? They are beautiful!!

• fnzzy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

jenala..I used that very one on a mock up earlier...
    I painted in some knobs too:

{{!gwi}}

• dedtired
    16 years ago

My old kitchen had a z-brick backsplash. It was a nightmare. Because the brick was rough and had crevices in it, it was impossible to keep it clean. By the time I ripped it out, it was gross in the area above the range. I would never have it again, but if it's what you want, I would recommend sealing it in some way so splashes and grease can be more easily cleaned off.