Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyemerald

Cats and Aeroccino parts

Bunny
10 years ago

I use my Aeroccino Plus every day. Gotta have it!!! I rinse the whisk and paddle and put on the quartz sill over my sink to dry.

At about 5 a.m. I awoke to the sounds of cats running around and having a grand old time. There was no more sleeping for me. Passing the dining room, I spotted the wire frother on the floor. The paddle attachment was nowhere to be found. I searched high and low, even in the garbage disposal which always scares me. Nothing. I finally gave up, called Nespresso and ordered two sets of the attachments.

Finally I grabbed a flashlight and started looking underneath everything. Eureka! It was under the media cabinet in the living room. That means I can have my cappuccino today.

So, no more leaving those little pieces out. My female cat is a baby-faced thief.

Comments (20)

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

" ... baby-faced thief ... "

Pics, please!!!!

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

hehehehhe.

My newest adoption is a pen/pencil thief. To the point where he'll actually use his paws to take them out of my hand. It's hard to be mad at such a sweet face and soft paws.

It is always an "oh, no. Now what" feeling when you hear something weird in the night, isn't it?

• Bunny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

jellytoast, for you:

Christine, Bessie loves circle shapes. She steals ponytail bands and rubber bands and stashes them under the corner of my dining room rug. I had a feeling I was courting trouble if I left those Aeroccino parts lying around.

She also has a thing for the palm crosses one gets on Palm Sunday. Neither of my cats will leave them alone. Perhaps they belong in a religious order.

• lazy_gardens
    10 years ago

Mine takes bottle brushes and rubber scrapers and lays them artistically around his food dish.

• Bunny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

lazygardens, hilarious! It's so funny the things cats fixate on. I'm missing several hoop earrings that Bessie stole.

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

linelle, she is just adorable!! Seriously, she is so cute that she made my eyes tear up. Kitty cat thieves ... I love it! And I want one!!

• Bunny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

jelly, she's pretty adorable. Very naughty and silly, but I love her to bits. I also have her twin brother, so double trouble.

• romy718
    10 years ago

What a face! I'll be sending this pic to my daughter, the third she has received of Bessie. She loves hearing about her antics. Her orange Maine Coon (Tony) is quite a character but not a thief.

• Bunny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

romy, I had a Maine Coon once (Luther) and he was the most amazing cat. I'll never forget him. One day I hope to get another one. My best cat ever was an orange boy named Cosmo. Orange cats have such wonderful personalities and sunny dispositions.

• shelayne
    10 years ago

Bessie is an adorable little cat burglar! (Now we know for certain why that term is used. LOL)

I am still looking for some skin care samples a friend had given me. I know my girls have them stashed somewhere, though their fur is looking very luxurious lately. Hmmm.... ;)

• gyr_falcon
    10 years ago

ha-ha Oh, dear! he-he-he Sorry, I cannot help it. Probably guilty, giving probation. Releasing on own recognizance. Ah, forget it. Blame house human and let too-cute baby-face off completely. ;-)

• romy718
    10 years ago

Tony likes to sleep right next to her....but he can't take the morning breath?
    Oh she'd kill me if she knew I posted this.

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

Oh, my. I have a thing for long-haired cats.
    I've had two males, one being a Coon mix, and my current orange baby, Kali, a long-haired, orange girl!. She's a tiny thing, only about 9lbs.

I also have a ragdoll, Waylon, who is astonishing! Defense and aggression are pretty much bred out of them, (so don't leave them outside alone!) so they're big, big snugglers. And I do mean big. Largest domestic cat breed, with Coons being next! When you pick him up, he flops like.. a RAG DOLL! :)

Linelle, Besse is sooooo innocent, isn't she? Little stinker.
    Round things. I've experienced that, too. Milk or OJ plastic rings?

My website is giving me trouble. I'll get that worked out and post pics of my own babies!

• Lisa
    10 years ago

Romy, that might be the cutest picture I have ever seen!

I have a Maine coon and a rag doll. Completely different personalities but love them both so much. The Maine coon is more like a dog, I always say.

Linelle, Bessie is adorable, and so innocent looking!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    10 years ago

linelle:

In the Official Kat Owners Manual, Chapter 5, Section 22, Paragraph 6, Line 59 it says:

"Everything is a cat toy."

• gr8daygw
    10 years ago

So cute, Linelle. What a sweet face.

• Bunny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just realized that photo of Bessie is of a thief in sheep's clothing. "Moi?"

Actually my Luther was a Norwegian Forest Cat, but most people go huh?!! Very similar to Maine Coons in size and temperament (dog-like, mild mannered gentle giants). Hairball City, lion cut in the summer. A cat like no other. I still occasionally see him out of the corner of my eye.

Romy, that is the cutest pic ever! I would print it, frame it, and put it on my wall.

Christine, yes! Milk and OJ plastic pull rings!!! Never mind extravagant toys from PetCo, just give them a circle to play with. I won't let them play with rubber bands (chew, swallow) but I have to secure them. If I toss them in a waste basket, they will knock it over and forage out the rubber bands.

I'm still looking for one of my hoop earrings. Hello, Bess?

Trebruchet, I knew I could count on you to quote book, chapter, verse. :p

Anyway, the Aeroccino paddles sell for $2.95/set from Nespresso, so I bought two and paid a silly amount for shipping. The guy I spoke to at Nespresso said that the magnets can lose their strength over time, suggesting that replacement is not uncommon even if you don't have marauding bandits in the house.

• romy718
    10 years ago

Some of you may remember this story of Dusty, the Klepto cat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dusty, the Klepto cat

• localeater
    10 years ago

My furbaby is Twisty AKA Twistalicious. He is a major thief. I work at home and I absolutely cannot leave a pen or pencil on my desk or it will be gone. When I move the sofa I find scores of them. He also loves emery boards- the texture is mesmerizing to him. He picks it up with his two front paws and rubs it across himself, even his tongue.
    His passion however is.... dirty Q-Tips. He will dig them out of the bottom of the bathroom wastepaper basket to spin them across the floor and attack them.
    I adore him and when I travel on business my husband sends me pictures of him- he does not send me pictures of the kids, just the cat.

• Bunny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OMG, Dusty!!! And he's a Bay Area cat to boot. So hilarious. I had a dog that stole from neighbors: running shoes, a knife. I still have a stainless mixing bowl she brought home.

As cat owners will attest, usually cats are shy and wary when visitors come into the house. Not Bessie (or her brother Zephyr, but mostly Bessie). When she hears someone at the door, she jumps onto the back of the love seat in anticipation. It's as if to say, "Hi, what did you bring me?" What she's really interested in is their purse, backpack, briefcase, tote bag which she will forage in without even asking politely first.

One of my friends lives in the country. He has dogs, cats and some chickens. He is otherwise quite urbane and snazzily dressed. Bessie acts like he has been coated in catnip, not just throwing herself at him like a brazen hussy, but grabbing his arm, biting and kicking. It's embarrassing. I was at another home with him and the host's cat (also female) acted the same way.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz