Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cscow_gw

Question for Michelle16 RE: Reed Pendant Light

cscow
11 years ago

Hi Michelle!
I first wanted to state that I love your kitchen~ it is beautiful!

I noticed in a different thread that you posted the pendant lights in your kitchen and I noticed the Reed light over your table. I am considering this light for my table and was wondering if you are happy with yours? Does the paper shade collect dust and is it hard to clean? Does it seem like a quality fixture? I have RH school light pendants over my island and was wondering if you feel the Reed pendant would be too modern in person? Thank you for your help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Reed light

Comments (8)

• michelle16
    11 years ago

Hi cscow, I was warned from marcolo to check for the quality in the shade. My first shade appeared to have a dirt spot on it. My second one is perfect and actually the color on it is alot nicer, much more linen color than yellowy. So it took a long time to recieve the new one because it was on backorder. I love it all now, but was a process!! The dust isn't a problem because it collects on top of the diffuser which you can dust easily, the paper shade itself doesn't get dusty. Hope that helps! Michelle

• michelle16
    11 years ago

I forgot to answer your question in regard to whether the reed pendant would be too modern for schhol house pendants. While I didn't see a picture of the school house ones, I believe they are usually 1920's look? I think maybe the reed pendant might not be the right look with it. Do you have a picture of them??

• cscow
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for your response Michelle. I wish that I could see the light in person before purchasing but can not find a local vendor that carries it. I do not have a picture of my kitchen to post yet ( need to figure out my new computer) but have provided the link to Restoration Hardware. My lights are polished chrome and I have two above my island. If I remember correctly, you ordered from Lighting New York? Were they easy to work with regarding the exchange?

Here is a link that might be useful: Schoolhouse pendant

• michelle16
    11 years ago

Those are very pretty! I would have to see the overall kitchen to see if the reed would work. Yes they were very easy to deal with. Great in fact. They offered me a disount because items were on backorder. They were the only one's to do that because when a visual comfort item goes on backorder for one store it is the same online for all stores. I orig. thought I was going to order from Circa, but it was on backorder. When I called Lighting New York it was also on backorder, but they gave me a discount. I also get discount codes from them on my email if you need it.At least 20%. ASnd when you do a return with visual comfort you deal with their rep. and not someone from Lighting New York.

• cscow
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Michelle!
    That would be great if you could forward a coupon code. Do you need my email?
    I have figured out how to upload a picture, but the camera in my battery died and it is charging. I will upload one for you later today.
    Thanks,
    Jenny

• cscow
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK here is a not so good picture of the kitchen area. It is dark & snowy out! I am replacing the old Ballard Designs chandelier above that table and had wanted to use the Reed. Too modern? Thanks!

• michelle16
    11 years ago

cscow- your schoolhouse pendants are in polished nickel, and the reed shade you posted was in oil rubbed bronze. I would def. keep them both in the polished nickel to match if you do it. I am going to check my email now for a code.I will email it to you.

• michelle16
    11 years ago

there was no email option on your page. There are 2 codes you can try. This one is for any light with a white shade-10% off-code is ELKWhite10. This one is for 10%off kitchen lights- QUOKITCH10. Hope it works for you! Thanks, Michelle