Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone seen Grecian White tile at HD?

Posted by Boops2012 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 9:50

I saw this yesterday. Its a white marble look with veins of clear,browns ,and greys.The subways are 5.49 a sq. ft. It also comes in 4x4 ,pencil trim, bull nose and another trim that's wider. It also has a beveled subway mounted on mesh that's smaller than 3x6. Its the first tile in my budget that has excited me. Now to find a countertop to coordinate.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone seen Grecian White tile at HD?

DD2 and I picked through this material at our local HD to use on her shower curb. Our store didn't have the pencil trim but Lowes did. They don't care the other tiles either. All special order.

DD2s master bath redo is in Decorating and Baths is you want to see.

o
RE: Anyone seen Grecian White tile at HD?

Yep - even brought a box home with me to see how it would look! In our HD the display showed it in a a herringbone patter which i LOVED! I went with white ice granite for my counter top, which also has a soft marble-like swirl to it, so the combination was too much swirling going on for my taste, but it was a beautiful tile! Just be sure to have it sealed properly.
After i brought it home i did a little test with it - i left a few drops of tomato sauce on it overnight to see if it would stain because everyone on here has scared me about marble's sensitivity.

It didn't stain but it did erode the polished finish a bit. But, the tine does not come sealed - so once it's sealed properly you should be fine. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here