Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Looking for a photo: Integrated Dish Towel Holder in Pullout

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

I know I saw this photo somewhere. Not sure if it was here or Houzz.

I am looking for a pullout that has a towel rack somehow integrated with it. I think it was the pullout under a kitchen sink. I seem to remember it was taller on one side and the towel rack would have been at the top...

It's not one that is visible, it's hidden in the cabinet. I can find the ones that you can see without opening any doors. Essentially this would eliminate the need to screw a little towel bar to the inside of my cabinet doors!

Was it Breezy? I can't remember!

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Thanks in advance!

bee

Comments (22)

• ayerg73
    12 years ago

Bee - is this the pic you're thinking of?

I don't remember who it belongs to, but I saved it awhile ago and planned to show it to the builder tonight. Great minds... :)

• ayerg73
    12 years ago

And if this isn't the pic you're thinking of and you've got a better plan, I sure hope that picture pops up before I start chatting with the builder!

• mskitchen
    12 years ago

I saw that too, it was here, not Houzz.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

ayerg73, nope that's not it. BUT I do love that.

I need it to be attached to a roll out from under the kitchen sink, I don't have any extra room on the sides of the sink for the pictured one.

It's so hard to describe. It would be like a roll out, with a C shaped thingy on one side.

So sort of like that photo above, but shorter, and the bottom part would be wider.
    thanks

• Lyban zone 4
    12 years ago

Bee,
    I do not think this is what you are looking for but just wanted to put it our there in case it works.

Here is a link that might be useful: Look Here

• lisa_a
    12 years ago

Was it this one from Crown Point Cabinets?

• lisa_a
    12 years ago

Oh, d'uh, never mind. I missed the part about it being hidden from view. Dang my fuzzy head from this blasted cold.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thanks lyban, I might end up doing something like that under the prep sink and the bar sink.

lisa_a, thanks, but your cold did get the best of you. ;)

I have called the cabinetmaker (bless his patient soul) and explained to him what I want. Hopefully it will work out!

Thanks everybody.

If someone still does find this photo, please post it, because until he builds it, I can always send it to him!

Bee

• melissastar
    12 years ago

Can't recall seeing such a pic, Bee...but I'm thinking "what a fabulous idea". I have no good place for dishtowels and am thinking why couldn't I screw a towel bar on to the back of my pull-out drawer thing under my prep sink? either going across the front or down the side? Hmmmm....new project for the weekend. THANKS!

• desertsteph
    12 years ago

I saved one posted sometime back but can't post it here because photobucket seems to have changed how you upload and i can't figure it out...

but the one posted above could be configured in different ways on the innards to pullout the way that one is.

• purplepansies
    12 years ago

Bee, take a look at the 4th post - is that it?

Here is a link that might be useful: towel rack?

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Wow! Nice ideas - wish I had seen these!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

purplepansies, nope that's not it.

Thanks for looking everybody.

desertsteph, are you unable to get the green upload button on photobucket? I had some issues awhile back. I'd click the upload button, then when the next page opened, there was no green upload button to choose the file. It was very frustrating.

I started a flickr account right then and there to also use.

Bee

• desertsteph
    12 years ago

bee - the one I saved is the first pic on the page purplepansies posted link to. so, it must not be the one you're looking for either. I do hope someone finds and posts it! I haven't figured out yet where I'll be hanging a kitchen towel - unless I put a towel bar under a cab (like the underside of the cab is a 'wall') and hang it on that. just not sure yet myself!

I get the green upload button but the screen it brings up doesn't let me get to my computer pics. so weird! I just used it last night!

• Frazestart
    12 years ago

Was it this one?

Here is a link that might be useful: Towel holder pullout

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

I don't have a pic to share but I do like the one that Lisa posted.

• marcolo
    12 years ago

I think your cabinet maker will be able to give you exactly what you want, if you ask for the towel thingie on the righty that's wider on the bottom only not exactly. I can picture it perfectly.

• mtnfever (9b AZ/HZ 11)
    12 years ago

hm, kinda like the towel drying rack cab pullout in the 1940s kitchen video that deedles posted? I have no idea how to pull a still frame from a video, unfortunately.

HTH

Here is a link that might be useful: thread: Must See! Vintage Kitchen Planning film 1949

• sjerin
    12 years ago

My mother has something similar and it does not agree with my touchy back. Hopefully this doesn't apply to you. I hope you find what you're looking for.

• polie
    12 years ago

Isn't it frustrating to experience something like this? I saw a photo online of a backsplash I really liked and now I can't locate it.

I could describe it vaguely, but it would end up sounding like Meryl Streep as Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada addressing her assistant, "What happened to that piece of paper I had in my hand yesterday?"

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

haha marcolo--funny thing....I think he DOES understand! If you could have heard the conversation over the phone. I'm moving my hands as if he could see me....very funny. It wasn't even like I could draw him a sketch. He is really good at listening and he "got it" !

frazestart, nope.

I couldn't watch the video for some reason, but I did see the still photos...nope, not it.

sjerin--what is it that would hurt your back? I currently keep the towels on a towel bar right inside the door now, I just don't want to screw something into the new cabinet doors. In fact, I heard the cabinetmaker cringe when I said those words to him...haha

Thanks for all the help!

• michoumonster
    12 years ago

beekeeperswife,
    I would love to see the pic you are referring to if you ever find it! I did think a few of these ideas are really nice for towel holders too. and seems like it would not be too difficult to jerryrig from a normal pullout cabinet..