Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
repac_pbc

Show me your Volga Blue seams, please

repac
11 years ago

I posted recently about poor seams and cooktop installation on my Volga Blue granite (pictures contained in link):

Help! Granite disaster?

This week, the fabricator and KD are coming out to try to remedy the situation. I'm concerned that they will say this is the best that can be done on Volga Blue. It would be a HUGE help if I had pictures of good Volga Blue seams as proof that theirs was a substandard job.

Will you please share with me closeups of your good Volga Blue seams? Thanks so much!

Comments (11)

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Repac, sorry to hear about the problems with your granite installation. Apparently no one has pictures of their Volga Blue seams for you. I don't have Volga Blue granite but to my Verde Peacock granite seems to have similar characteristics. ( since I am not a geologist or any kind of stone expert, I could be totally wrong)
    Anyway, I thought I would post a picture of a seam in my granite so at leat you would have a picture to show your KD and fabricator of what a good seam looks like. I put a pen pointing to the seam so you know where it is. In real life it is almost imperceptible.
    Hope you get a resolution to your problem.

• repac
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Badgergal, thanks for posting the seam on your Verde Peacock. What an impressively small seam! I hope they can make mine look like that. By the way, your granite is gorgeous!

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Your welcome repac. Because of the flash the picture doesn't show the true blue green color in the granite all that well. Like your Volga Blue it has nice bling to it with those shimmery mica (or whatever it is) pieces.
    I have seams near the corners of my cooktop too. Here is a shot of one of those seams (about an inch from the corner)
    {{!gwi}}

• ginny20
    11 years ago

I don't have a picture for you, I'm sorry, but I saw a Volga Blue installation in my fabricator's show room. Like all of his seams, it was narrow and smooth. He explained to me that all granite chips a little when you cut it, but he invested in some kind of polisher so he smooths the edges before he lays the seam. And it definitely worked on the Volga Blue. His seams look like badgergal's.

• cathy725
    11 years ago

let us know what they do to fix the problem. I'm installing volga blue also, but it won't be done for a month or so.

Good luck!

• repac
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm quite envious of the thin, straight seams that badgergal showed and ginny20 saw on Volga Blue in the showroom. Now I'm wondering if the seams on my granite can be repaired easily, or whether they will have to completely take apart the adjoining pieces and get rid of the jagged edges?

KD and fabricator are coming Tuesday to see the granite and decide what to do. Cathy725, I will absolutely let you know what happens.

• mountaineergirl
    11 years ago

This is a view of my seam. I have emerald pearl

• repac
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Seams? What seams?! They're so well done I couldn't find them. :) The fabricator did a great job on your beautiful stone. Thanks for posting, it will help me to make my point with the fabricator.

• repac
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Seams? What seams?! They're so well done I couldn't find them. :) The fabricator did a great job on your beautiful stone. Thanks for posting, it will help me to make my point with the fabricator.

• ssande
    10 years ago

repac, did you get resolution to your seam issue? I am in the same situation and would like compare notes.

• repac
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The seams were improved with the second installation. The fabricator decided to completely redo all of the granite with new slabs of Volga Blue. Seams were tighter the second time around, though I'd only give it a grade of "B". I decided it was good enough, and I really don't notice the seams after having lived with it for nearly a year.

So sorry that you're in the same situation. You might ask the fabricator to show you how he/she could improve the seams using a scrap piece of your granite, before allowing a redo or fix. Do you also have Volga Blue?