Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle16_gw

oldbat- can you help?

michelle16
11 years ago

Hi Oldbat, you do a wonderful job with your photoshop, I was wondering if you can help. I love these combination of tiles from artistic tile. I am going to post a picture of my range area. Can you photoshop the swirly tile behind the range-but not in a box, not a fan of that. And then the subway would be on the entire wall up the crown molding. I am trying to figure out if i could do both tiles like in this picture or just stick to one.

Comments (25)

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

okay here is the range wall, Ill post more if this is too far away.

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Closer

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a picture that artistic tile has on the website of the swirly one boxed in. I'm not a fan at all. You loose the pattern in such a small space. I think it would be pretty on the whole wall, but at 100.00 a suare foot, prob. too pricey. Do you think I can put it behind the range area but not boxed in and then those long subways for the rest of the wall? Thanks, would appreciate everyone's opinion on this.

• whit461
    11 years ago

Michelle16, can you tell me about your lighting in the kitchen? Specifically the spacing, size, type. We are about 2 weeks from starting demo and rewiring. Thanks for any help. We love your kitchen.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Hi michelle16, I've wondered about you and what progress you've been able to make with your beautiful kitchen.

This is the area with just the one tile:

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

And with a glossy white tile on the sides. I wasn't sure how high/wide you wanted to take each tile.

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

Michelle16 - I fell in love with that installation too - so, so gorgeous!

I like your first picture that shows the ribbons on white rather than the second that shows it on Carrara.
    I think it looks stunning in oldbat's second pic in the grey but would like to see the white too. Would you want the ribbons going up like your first pic or sideways like the grey?

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

I thought the colors from the first picture looked rather dreadful so I didn't post :)

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much Oldbat!! Your the best!!Actually the first colors were the one's I liked You think it looks dreadful? too white? I actually prefer it rather than the gray . What do you all think of the last picture oldbat posted with the ribbons going up and down( that's the way I like it) and the subway's on the rest of the wall. Although the subway's I would pick would match the first picture and be longer and skinnier. Thoughts??

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Hoboken for your thoughts. I also like the whiter one's like you. And i like it up and down. I think my best option though might be to just do the whole wall with the ribbons. What do you think? It will prob. be crazy expensive though!

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

I only thought it was dreadful because of the picture quality - i.e., when I copied it, it was yellow vs. white :)

Any chance you can bring a sample board home and take another picture in place?

Vertical shot of tile in wrong color :)

• Molly Phillips
    11 years ago

Oooooo! Do that last one! Do that last one! I'm not the one paying for it so I can spend whatever I want of your money but that looks AWESOME.

• laughablemoments
    11 years ago

As I was watching the progression of your thread, I thought, "Gee, I'd like to see those tiles run vertically rather than horizontally." Lo and behold, there they are. Very nice looking, too. I like the mockup of the vertical much more than the horizontal. If the whole wall can be done affordably, all the better. : )

• msrose
    11 years ago

Oh! I really like the second color better than the white now!

• Sms
    11 years ago

Love the last one too but big $$$. Maybe run the sides out at the level of the corbel and paint the rest a nice grey or whatever wall color you are already using.

• ginagordon_gw
    11 years ago

the last one would be breathtaking!

• amandasplit
    11 years ago

Your kitchen is gorgeous!

• firstmmo
    11 years ago

The last one is really the money shot....Give it all up and do it! In my house I have promised to make $5 dinners, stop getting lattes at the coffeeshop, hand wash my dry cleaning and swear by anything else I can pretend to promise just for the right tile/counters! Me and lovetodream are obviously egging you on (but for a real reason!) It's so pretty!

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

If you're spending this much money, might as well see all the options :)

• angela12345
    11 years ago

Except, of course, the pattern of the tile will be much smaller than that.

I think it is gorgeous !! But yowza on the price !!

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OLDBAT_WOW!! when you did it on the whole wall- what a difference! I really love it and realize now it's all or nothing! Have to see what it will cost. Now I'm confused on color. I was convinced at first that I wanted the whiter one, but when you posted the gray on the whole wall, it really looks pretty. Just not sure if the gray would compete too much with the counters. Thanks again for all your help! Michelle

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a closeup of the quartzite counters. Do you guys think the whiter tile or the gray one?

• tuesday_2008
    11 years ago

The Gray posted at 19:55 is AWESOME - the white is too stark.

You've got to do the entire wall if you don't want a box. It will look "patched" is you don't.

Give up meat and eat pasta for a year!

• armada
    11 years ago

I agree I like the gray. Dang that's some expensive tile though!

• kmmh
    11 years ago

How about doing the grey going up and down, but only to the bottom of the hood-beautiful tile!
    Good luck!