Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wendi0906

best creamy white not too yellow for cabinets

wendi0906
16 years ago

After all the fabulous photos of oak to cream cabinets, I am going to take the plunge and attempt this. I am trying to find the perfect cream, not too yellow, but on the warm side. Any suggestions?

Comments (12)

• craig00
    16 years ago

Maple with Oyster finish Medallion and Omega carry it. Others should, too.

• dlspellman
    16 years ago

Benjamin Moore Linen White is a nice creamy white. I used it on my woodwork and the base beneath my glazed cabinets. I'm very happy with it.

• teched
    16 years ago

I used Martin Senour (sp?) alabaster on all my trim and built ins in my last house. It was a lovely cream!

• nodirthere
    16 years ago

Wendi0906- I had my local paint shop custom mix mine based on a sample I liked that was factory done. I'm too lazy to get up and get the paint can, in the basement but I did post the formula on the oak to cream cabinets thread - (it's probably on page 10 or so by now-good luck-ps filling the grain is critical- my friend did hers w/o filling the grain and it is a much more rustic look-depends on what you are going for.

• hollylh
    16 years ago

I have always been a fan of BM White Dove. It never fails. It is a warm white.

Farrow and Ball White Tie has also been highly recommended as a "true cream," not yellowed. I think I am going to use it in my reno.

• scubated
    16 years ago

I second white dove from Benjamin Moore as the perfect trim color for my whole house. I have used it in both of my houses. BTW if you are doing wall color they (BM) just came out with a new paint called Aura. It is very quick drying and covers even medium tones in one coat. No more tinted primer and 2 additional coats.

• wendi0906
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have used the white dove on trim, but I was looking for more creamy. I have the linen white paint chip at home, is it cream with a little yellow or no yellow at all. Thanks.

• mindstorm
    16 years ago

wendi, I second the Farrow & Ball White Tie recommendation. It really does seem cream. A paler version would be Pointing which is a very bright white-cream in my house - creamier than I would have liked frankly as I like cooler shades. But those are two that I'd suggest - start with the White Tie since you're looking for "more creamy" (note, I don't know what White Dove is like).

• bungalowdawn
    16 years ago

We chose Benjamin Moore's Acadia White for our cabinets. Our cab maker used the paint to make a "conversion varnish" out of it. I don't know if that had any effect on the color, but they are a nice, creamy color. They actually turned out creamier than I wanted...wanted brighter white but people scared me about white so I went with something slightly less bright. They surprised me how creamy they were when they were put in place. However, they are not all that creamy for a cream and if that's the tone you're looking for, it really is quite lovely. It's definitely not too yellow-y looking but is also not a bright white.

I think we looked at Linen White too and I think it was significantly more yellow-y. What I really wanted and chickened out of was Sherwin Williams Mayonnaise. It's quite white. Jgarner has it in her awesome kitchen on the finished kitchens site.

• elljays
    16 years ago

We have SW French Ivory, and we're very happy with it. Pictures are in the FKB. My mom has SW Dover White, which is whiter than French Ivory, but still creamier than a bright white. I like it a lot too.

• rowen_realtor
    16 years ago

I have Benjamin Moore "Vanilla Ice Cream" on my ceiling and it's quite warm. My cabinets are Medallion Cherry Pecan with a Lyptus floor, so I didn't really want a bright white.

Good luck!

• peggross1
    16 years ago

We have BM Navajo White for the trim in our current house and we're doing out new house's MBa vanity in Navajo White with a glaze. It's not at all yellow and it goes well in warm as well as cool toned rooms.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES