Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help today please! Kitchen faucet/sink

Posted by sunnycb02 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 9:17

Hello everyone! I have a small dilemma that I'm torn about. We just had an apron front sink installed in the kitchen of our new house. The sink (old and new) is not centered under the window/light, just enough to look somewhat odd.

Today our contractor will be installing the faucet we chose, and with the light hanging down and the faucet being a gooseneck, I wonder if it will look better centered with the window rather than the sink. Would that be weird?? The contractor seems to think so, but I still can't help thinking it might look better.

Because the sink is only a few inches off center, the faucet won't be too far off, so it might not look as purposeful as those of you who have faucets all the way in the corner.

Also, the faucet handle is on the side and seems to help make everything seem more centered... I think! The faucet swivels and has a pull down sprayer, so no major functionality issues. We aren't using the soap dispenser.

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
faucet

This will be the faucet.

o
RE: Help today please! Kitchen faucet/sink

Anyone?

o

Food for thought...rarely will you see the faucet left in the center postion. It will always be left pointing to one sink or the other. Does that help? I would vote centered with the sink.

o

Similar faucet.

Centered on sink:

To left of divide:

To right of divide:

I like offset faucets although usually I look at them with offset sinks. I'm kinda feeling to right of the divide as I think it looks deliberate.

This post was edited by robotropolis on Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 12:30

o

Wow, Robo, thanks! That is so very helpful. Now I have a new option to mull over (to the right), but I definitely decided I can't center it to the sink, just does not look right to my eye and I think it would always bother me.

o

Assuming you're right handed, I vote right.

o

thanks to the great mock-up by robo,
i would definitely not center it.
the side would be up to you.
i prefer the right, visually....

o

I am actually left handed. I ended up centering it in the window, to the left. Thanks everyone who responded, I really appreciate your input!

o

Well done. That looks great.

o

I think you made the correct choice. Visually I prefer the chosen installation, and hopefully it works great functionally :)

o

I was wondering how high to make the faucet! I see I undersized it! Looks great! Definitely agree with offset to the sink!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here