Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bbell_gw

Need reviews on granite places in Long Island

bbell
13 years ago

Has anyone used Renaissance Marble Works, Inc or Rai Designs and Imports in New Hyde Park?

I can't find any reviews on either of these two places. One seems to be high end and the other seems to be a "mom & pops" place.

I love a granite at Renaissance but they seem so rough around the edges (no punt intended). Unfortunately, Rai doesn't have the granite I want but they have my 2nd choice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments (7)

• kstuy
    13 years ago

We used Rai for our granite top in our bathroom last year. We did the installing ourselves so I can't say how they would be at that but otherwise they were good. I haven't heard of the other one.

• kstuy
    13 years ago

Just wanted to also mention that Old Country Tile in Westbury recommended another marble place you may want to check out, Elegante Marble in Westbury. While I was in the tile store a couple came in to say thank you to the salesman for suggesting Elegante Marble for their granite. They were very happy with them. I never got a chance to visit them but they may have what you are looking for.

• dianalo
    13 years ago

Try European in Farmingdale. They came highly recommended by others and our fabricator, Darren at Refined Stone (also Farmingdale) says they are the best as well. We ended up with Corian in our kitchen and a pre-fab vanity top (needed faucet drilled only) so did not buy slab stone and can't say so from personal experience.
    I have toured their yard, several times, and they have a lot to offer. I noticed they had stones that others did not have.
    HTH

• bbell
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. So far I have called several places in the area and it seems like Renaissance Marble Works is the only one that carries this granite. I will definitely take a ride to these places.

• bbell
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Old Country Tile had the same granite but they could not beat Renaissance's price. I ended up going with Renaissance and they were a pleasure to work with. They sent someone out to template and then worked with me in their granite yard to find the particular piece I wanted and even went as far as outlining the template on the granite while I was there so I could see if I liked it or not.

Granite was installed without a hitch. The guys cleaned up during and after installation. Very pleased with the granite, the price and the people at Renaissance.

• chrisk327
    13 years ago

Hi dianalo, so Darren did the fabricating of the corean?

I was going to check him out on your recommendation from another thread, I spoke to him and he seemed knowledgable, but haven't made it to teh showroom yet.

I'm in the same boat looking for a fabricator. I've checked out/in the process of checking out 4.

So far Napoli in seaford - wasn't impressed at all
    a recommendation in Oceanside - was ok, but didn't have the granite we liked.
    marble.com - nice selection, was wary of them being so new to area and still setting up.
    Refined stone in farmingdale - havenn't had time to meet yet

sounds like I should talk to Rennaissance marble.

I'm picky, well not even picky, I just like talking to people who know what they're talking about and aren't BSing me. which generally means I like the fabricator type guys and not the salesmen/women in showrooms.

• domesticah
    13 years ago

Hi don't know if you are still looking but we used Cancos Tile in E. Northport for our kitchen and bathrooms and they did a nice job. I think there is a cancos in merrick. good luck.