Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Built-in Double Oven 1/2 Size...

Posted by fission7x (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 8:46

Folks,
Need some help. The oven in our house is a single built-in electric oven. I want to replace it with a double oven, but the wife does not want two full-sized ovens. I'm having trouble finding a double oven with two small sized ovens or 1 large and 1 small oven. (I'd actually prefer 1 large size and 1 smaller oven.) I've found ovens that have the large oven below with the microwave above, but she wants to be able to bake in the top oven also. I've seen free-standing stoves that have the setup I want, but not a built-in. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks in advance!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Built-in Double Oven 1/2 Size...

GE makes a "single/double" 2 wall oven unit that fits into the space of a single wall oven.. They're the only ones who do so, I believe. Also, many people mount a speed cook oven (like the advantium) over a single wall oven to get something like 1 1/2 wall ovens. Good luck with your project!

Michelle

Here is a link that might be useful: GE single double

o

I'd pass on a new model like this GE single/double without a known track record because it has an electronic control board sandwiched between two ovens. These control boards are notorious for frying if they get too hot! And you are paying a premium price both for a new product and a unique size product, which may fail.

o

This is the oven I'm putting in. It's great. Full size oven below, the half-size upper can either serve as a microwave OR oven. both have convection.

Here is a link that might be useful: my oven

o

debtfree, the GE single/double isn't a new product. It's been around at least since 2008 (there are gardenweb posts from then on it). And it isn't a non-standard size. It's the same size as a single oven so worst case one could replace it with a single oven.

My son bought one at a scratch and dent price for his kitchen remodel.

o

Thanks for the great responses. I had no idea the smaller microwave upper ovens could be used for baking. Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here