Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Know anything about Duravit--Duraceram?

Posted by needinfo1 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 8:41

I found a sink that seems the perfect size for me, but I am leery about the material, a ceramic of sorts. Here is what their website says.

"For years,ceramics from Duravit have also been putting their qualities to the test in the bathroom. And because requirements are even higher in the kitchen, Duravit developers have now come up with a new variant that goes by the name of DuraCeram® " a special mass that features greater impact resistance and robustness.
Robust qualities that make this material predestined for use in the central hub of the kitchen - and ones which Philippe Starck came to appreciate while developing his design."

I see a lot of people use this company for bathroom fixtures, but I can't find anything at all about their kitchen sinks. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Know anything about Duravit--Duraceram?

No one has heard of this line for kitchen sinks?

o

Heard of it and love the look but have no experience. Did you wind up going with it? I know that it has a bigger presence in Europe which is where I first saw it.

o

We're considering a DuraVit bathroom sink. My experience with it has been in Germany, where the company has an excellent reputation for their bathroom fixtures. I think you can solidly rely on them to back their product.

Have you seen one of the sinks you're considering in person?

o

I was lucky and found exactly what I was looking for. So, this is not something I bought.

o

We have one of their sinks in the bathroom - gong on 12 years old now - and love it, but no idea about their kitchen line (or if things have changed since 2001)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here