Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Countertop Dilemmas: Paralysis by Analysis

Posted by Lorenza5064 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 8:31

GW friends, I am planning a renovation of a small kitchen at a lake cottage. Total of approx 75 sq ft. I will have two countertop runs, the first is 88" that contains the sink and runs to a corner. The second runs from that corner to a free standing range, 54" long.
My cabs will be maple, very dark with an ebony stain, appliances in stainless finish, sink in SS.

I would love to use bamboo, but I am wary of the performance at the sink. Other options:

-Laminate, the cost is attractive, but disallows an under mount sink.
-Solid surface, higher $, allows under mount sink.
Like the look of "concrete" or similar monochromatic neutral. Sadly, the laminate and lower end solid surface materials seem to emulate granite or marble and are too "busy" for my taste. I have looked into recycled paper products (richline, squakstone) they have the "look", but are spendy and not readily available in my area.
Any thoughts for me? Please advise. Many thanks, L

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Countertop Dilemmas: Paralysis by Analysis

You can undermount a sink to plastic laminate:

Here is a link that might be useful: Karran

o

I love this solution -

Here is a link that might be useful: DIY soapstone counters

o

Wow! That is a very chic result. I went to the link with more photos of this space. They placed an undermount sink in the countertop. Wish we had more details of the process. Will attempt a google search. Thanks for the thought, feisty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here