Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiffgirl

Eye-Vac info and photo

kiffgirl
13 years ago

I thought I would post separately about the Eye-Vac we used in the kitchen. It is a portable, stand alone vacuum you sweep to - kind of like and electric dustpan.

We had an extra outlet installed and then had the cabinet people cut out the bottom of the sink cabinet and toe kick. It works like a charm. It can be set to manual, where you turn it on once you sweep to it or left on auto, which is how we have it (with a sensor to activate suction). It is bagless, the front panel pops out for easy emptying. It has a filter, too.

Comments (19)

• lawjedi
    13 years ago

I WANT ONE!!!!

thanks for sharing!

• corrie22
    13 years ago

I'm getting one! LOL
    Much cheaper than a central vac.

Thank you!

Kiffgirl, when you leave it on auto, do your feet turn it on when you are at the sink??

Thanks again
    Corrie

• kiffgirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Corrie,
    Our feet have never triggered the vac. We do, however, have rather deep toe kicks, almost 5".

The dog tails have set it off a couple times - those fluffy Cavalier Spaniel tails! You really do need to sweep right up to it to make it 'go'. It's not trigger happy at all.

• blfenton
    13 years ago

We have one hooked into our central vac system which we already had - but we have it set to manual because we didn't want the cats setting it off and losing a tail, paw or scratching the floor to shreds as they scrambled to get away from this thing they set off.

• corrie22
    13 years ago

kiff, thank you again
    I'm doing that for sure, that is the neatest thing I've seen in a long time.

Corrie

• saune
    13 years ago

I'm so happy about this! Thank you for sharing! We don't have a ton of cabinets, but this is a must!

• worldmom
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting this. I just ordered one! They have fantastic reviews at Amazon, and I was surprised at the price of $89. I emailed our cabinet maker and told him we have to cut a hole in the bottom of one of the cabs. ;o)

• aliris19
    13 years ago

That is the coolest thing ... what is it? Is it a suction device that sucks up the sweepings as you send them its way?

• slush1422
    12 years ago

WOW thanks for sharing! This is so going into our kitchen when we install the cabinets. LOVE it :) I found one at Costco online for $89 - yay.

• Maine Susan
    8 years ago

what a great idea... will have to talk to my contractor about doing this... and which vac to buy... thanks!

• reesepbuttercup SLC, Utah 6b
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

How did I miss this? So cool. I wanted the central vac pan but couldn't justify the cost. $120 on amazon. I have a pricey dyson stick vac that stopped working after 18 months and I think I will get this to replace it.

• suntoadmom
    8 years ago

I got one and am using it in my current house until my new kitchen is finished. LOVE IT. I will be getting two more for other parts of the house. Much cheaper than a central vac.

• fmawla
    8 years ago

We are looking into this eyevac setup or the sweep-away undercabinet system -

http://mycentralvacuum.com/sweep-away-cabinet-vacuum/

Just wondering what everyone thinks between the two? The biggest difference I'm seeing is that the eyevac is triggered by sensor vs. the sweep-away would be switched on similar to central vac dustpans.

• Maine Susan
    8 years ago

fmawla Thanks for the link... when my kitchen finally gets done will look into this some more... looks great with the long hose too! Keep us informed please of which you buy and how you like it... :D

• Leah Gibert
    7 years ago

Fabulous idea! I already own one and it's terrific. Especially if you own pets. I bought one for my mother who is older so it is easier for her to sweep without having to bend. I have a suggestion for all of you who do have one, (or any vacuum with a cloth-like filter.) Stretch a piece of old panty hose over the filter to trap most of the hair and larger debris. (Very helpful with pet hair)! It makes it a cinch to clean the filter when you empty the can allowing you to go longer before having to actually wash the filter. The cheapest hose the better!!! I do this with all my filters!!!

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    7 years ago

I have seen them in hair salons next to the stylist so they can quickly and easily clean up the cut hair after each client. If I still had a cat I would have one right beside the litter box.

• Penny Wheeler
    4 years ago

I have read there are issues with debris getting caught at the front lip - did you do anything to help that with it being inside the cabinet?

• PRO
    Gator Vacuum & Sewing Center - Central Vacuum Expe
    3 years ago

Very Nice, reminds me of the new one they have for the garage. Just came out, we have one coming in right now. https://www.thinkvacuums.com/vroom-garage-retract-vacuum