Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eks6426

Where to put all the stuff by the sink..faucet, air switch etc.

eks6426
14 years ago

Well, after many months, I am actually going to be getting cabinets this week. Granite fabricator is scheduled to come do templating late this week. I need to make some decisions on where to put everything by the sinks.

Here's what I'm going to have. Ideas for how to arrange all this stuff and keep it looking as least cluttered as possible appreciated...

Main sink: Kohler Smart Divide sink with smaller bowl/larger bowl configuration.

Kohler Stainless Simplice faucet (the one that just requires 1 hole...handle is on the faucet itself)

Air switch for garbage disposal

Instant hot faucet

Soap dispenser

Prep sink--Kohler cast iron undermount 14X16 size: Smaller version of the same faucet, air switch & soap dispenser.

Is it better to put the instant hot, air switch & soap dispenser all on the same side or should I spread them out? Ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments (6)

• smiling
    14 years ago

I would put them on the side of my NON-dominant hand, reasoning that I'd have the sponge, cup, pot or such held most safely in my dominant hand, leaving my other hand to operate the soap dispenser or other items you asked about. Sounds so great that you're making such progress!

• earthpal
    14 years ago

Take a look in your sink box for the templating paper that is hopefully there. I do know there is/was a thread on faucet placement awhile back...

For me, I respectfully disagree with smiling in that I wanted everything on my dominant hand. And because of our bowl configuration it is. Most templaters/installers want to line them up in a straight line along your back edge.

Placement issues...
    make sure they are far enough away from your sink lip if it is an undermounted sink. (don't ask! ;)

make sure to leave enough room between the faucets and your back wall to avoid water being trapped and to make it easy to get a sponge/towel in there to cleanup

I like the air switch near by to the garbage disposal and is the far right side of our setup

Depending on the size of your sink to cabinet, you might have room to put the hot water faucet on the opposite corner from your main faucet.

Wherever you put the two faucets, try to avoid putting them next to each other, as to avoid them banging into each other...

Templating... lots of little decisions to make at this time. Have your favorite vice available afterwards for celebration!

• natesgram
    14 years ago

Here's mine. I do the dishes on the bigger side so that's where my soap dispenser is. My instahot is on the right because I am left handed and can hold a cup in my left and turn it on with my right. This setup works for us and DH is right handed. I also like to be able to run really hot water down my disposal. Airswitch on end for easy access.

• eks6426
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Natesgram...thanks for posting. I never even thought about the instant hot providing hot water for the garbage disposal. Why do you do that?

What granite do you have? It looks really similar to mine. I think yours has more carmel pieces in it, but still very similar. I have a slab of Golden Antique waiting to be cut soon.

• nancyrph
    14 years ago

Natesgram, what kind of faucet is that? I really like it!

• rbsohio
    14 years ago

Here's a pic of our sink - on far left is instant hot, then faucet is centered between soap dispenser and faucet control. Our disposal switch is on wall to left of sink. The sink is the large blanco silgranite single bowl:

From New kitchen

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!