Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cafe Brown silgranit sink--good color or dark hole?

Posted by laughable (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 8:13

We're planning to do a wood top on our island and I'm trying to pick the sink to put in it. The sink will determine the cabinet size and placement, so we need to know what we're using in order to build the cabinets.

I'm interested in a granite composite sink, and am wondering if a brown one would be a good choice. I like the fact that it wouldn't stain, show dirt, etc. But... is it like having a dark black hole in your counter? I've never seen one installed, except in pictures, so I feel a bit like I'm going into this decision blind.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cafe Brown silgranit sink--good color or dark hole?

The ones I saw in showrooms over the 18 months I looked were beautiful. I saw both small and the super single "installed" and both looked great. In showrooms, the sinks were shown undermounted in the counter material similar to how a real kitchen installation would be. I didn't get the black hole vibe from them. I was planning that color when I thought I'd get Bianco Antico granite or similar.

o
RE: Cafe Brown silgranit sink--good color or dark hole?

Ok, Breezy. That's helpful. Thank you!

One other thing I forgot to ask: Is there a chance that this brown will be tomorrow's 70's avocado? I still remember the avocado fixtures in my parents' upstairs bath where I spent my childhood. Blech.

This post was edited by laughable on Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 14:30

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here