Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hungryheart

Grohe faucet finishes: Super Steel? And Green Faucets?

hungryheart
13 years ago

Grohe faucets offer three finishes: Stainless Steel, Super Steel and Starlight Chrome. I need something that is brushed to go with my Elkay brushed sink, so the chrome is out. The Stainless is a fortune - would Super Steel work?

Also, Grohe offers many of the same faucets with a Green option. Any experience with Green faucets?

Here is a link that might be useful: Grohe Faucets (Ladylux 3)

Comments (11)

• piaa
    13 years ago

We have the Super Steel and love it - looks fantastic.

Pia

• piaa
    13 years ago

Not at all it always looks great.

Piaa

• blfenton
    13 years ago

I have the ladylux 3 (product # 32 298) in stainless steel with the green option. I like the green option because I don't need the big heavy spray and I find there is less splash with it. There has been some comment by others about the ladylux 3 being so "common" now but I still love it. I have arthritis in my hands and when explaining that to the sales clerk this is the one she recommended. It is very easy to clean, the spray head is ergonomically designed to be easy to hold and the spray button is rubber on the outside instead of metal and so very easy to push and it is not a stay-on spray which I find easier to use. I've been using it for 7 months now and still love it. I put the same one in both my clean-up sink and my prep sink.

• rexroat
    13 years ago

A salesperson told me the difference between steel and supersteel is as follows...
    -steel - SS exterior and brass interior workings
    -Supersteel - SS exterior and SS interior workings

• rexroat
    13 years ago

A salesperson told me the difference between steel and supersteel is as follows...
    -steel - SS exterior and brass interior workings
    -Supersteel - SS exterior and SS interior workings

• isletwoisle
    13 years ago

Hungryheart - We have a Grohe (Minta) in SuperSteel, with an Elkay sink in their Lustertone finish, and they're perfect together. SuperSteel has a slightly matte finish (not super shiny).

We do get the occasional mark on the faucet (drip or oil or whatever DH has on his hands when he's cooking!) but a quick wipe with a damp microfiber cloth takes care of it. In that regard I'd call SuperSteel just as "stainless" as Stainless Steel. Never a problem cleaning it up and after 9 months it still looks just like new.

• hungryheart
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

• momqs
    13 years ago

I have an Elkay sink with my Grohe Super Steel faucet and they go together perfectly.

Good luck.

• John
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I just ordered the Eurocube Super Steel kitchen faucet. I personally cannot stand anything chrome. I love the matte finish on Grohe's SS. Will report back after a few months of putting it through the daily grind.

• tscuteri
    7 years ago

rexroat - my understanding is the the Supersteel is a stainless finish while the stainless steel is actually constructed out of Grade 304 stainless steel.