Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliejoyce_gw

Pictures of Honey Cabinets and Azul Delicatus or Similar Lighter

juliejoyce
10 years ago

Below, you can see I am panicking about my granite selection. I do love it, and always second guess myself. My biggest issue I think is that I don't see this color anywhere on the web and the few pictures I have seen are with white cabinets. I am wondering if it is also called something else or if it is just a rare stone? Looking for pictures of anyone who might have a honey colored cabinet with a stone like Azul Delicatus. Thank you SO much everyone for your thoughts!!!

Comments (10)

• andreak100
    10 years ago

Julie - stop panicking. We've all been there. ;-) I think that will look lovely with your cabinets.

Almost all granites go by a variety of names, and many look close to one another. Conversely, you can have something that goes by the same name look QUITE different depending on where the stone was in the quarry area...we picked our granite that we love over a year ago...what's coming out now, we may not have picked at all.

If I would have been looking at your granite without you saying the name, I would have probably guessed it for being a light Azul Aran. Since your slab seems to have similar qualities, perhaps look for that.

• juliejoyce
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you! I agree. I think I have just been obsessing over it for so long that I can't help but panic now that I have pulled the trigger. I LOVED it in the granite yard, I am sure I will LOVE it here. Thank you!

• nyeringa
    10 years ago

My granite is called White Ice and looks just like that. But we have it with white cabinets. Maybe you can search that name.

• nyeringa
    10 years ago

Another shot of the slab

• nyeringa
    10 years ago

I got mine from a Cosentino warehouse so it must be Sensa granite although I can't find the name White Ice on their website.

This post was edited by bogeyscout on Sat, Feb 15, 14 at 10:55

• mark_rachel
    10 years ago

This is similar granite, but not quite it. It might give you an idea of the cabinets with the azul stone though.

• juliejoyce
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh thank you all so much! Teachertile, that is great. I LOVE the way that looks. Bogeyscout, I would say that is the same stone. I LOVE the way it looks in your kitchen! Really great advice Gr8day. My dream kitchen is a white one with a light stone, but we just can't justify tearing out our cabinets (financially), since they are in great shape and I don't dislike them - just wouldn't have been my first choice. Anyhow, while I originally went out to look for a light stone, I found myself not liking the way they looked with my cabinet door, so I started being drawn to the gold/brown/yellow river and bordeaux type stones. The movement is so beautiful to me and I found another stone that I actually tagged called Bordeaux River which is a polar opposite to the Azul Delicatus. It is stunning and really would be the focal point of my entire house. That being said, I find myself tiring of anything that isn't fairly neutral over time and while the Azul is beautiful, I felt like of the two, it would be something plain enough that I wouldn't tire of it. Thanks so much for great advice. I think I honestly have thought and rethought about this so much that I am OVERthinking it at this point. My husband reminded me of when I wanted to sell my wedding dress after I paid for it because I was panicked that it was ugly. Ha! I didn't and loved it, so hopefully this is just the same thing.

• gr8daygw
    10 years ago

LOL, good luck sweetie. Been there done that!

• gr8daygw
    10 years ago

Similar?

[Traditional Kitchen[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107) by Saratoga Springs Design-Build Firms Witt Construction

This post was edited by gr8day on Sat, Feb 15, 14 at 19:56