Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shar18_gw

happy with caesarstone???

shar18
14 years ago

Also considering Caesarstone's "Buttermilk"... Are you happy with this product, or should you have used granite. We are looking for something without a lot of pattern and movement, going for a contemporary clean look. The cabinets are a tightly grained wood from an Italian company, Bontempi

Comments (22)

• tom999
    14 years ago

All quartz products are equally good. In general the larger the quartz particulate, the tougher to damage the counter. Or, the smaller the particulate, and darker the color, the more it will show wear and use.

• cakelady541
    14 years ago

I was considering Caesarstone Buttermilk, too. But I had trouble finding a picture of a kitchen with the Buttermilk. For some reason I thougt it would work in my rustic kitchen, but now that I have seen a picture of an install I can see that it really does look very contemporary. I'll link to the picture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Caesarstone Buttermilk

• cakelady541
    14 years ago

I was trying to link right to the Buttermilk kitchen, just scroll down till you see the Buttermilk kitchen.

• londongirl_2009
    14 years ago

I have had quartz countertops since September, and I love them. My perimeter is Hanstone Magellan and my island is Zodiaq Bianca Carrera. They are very easy to clean, and I haven't been treating with kid cloves. I still use trivets under hot pots (my neighbour has quartz and doesn't use trivets ~ just puts pots directly on counter with no damage). Haven't seen Buttermilk in person, but it looks really nice. Good Luck.

• sue36
    14 years ago

I have Caesarstone in a bathroom and love it. It is the crema limestone color. People think it is real limestone. I wish I had used it in my kitchen.

• arleneb
    14 years ago

I have quartz on my perimeter cabinets -- it's Zodiaq, but as Tom999 said, all brands seemed to be equal -- just a matter of which line has the color you want. I'm very satisfied with the product. Cleans like a dream, always looks nice, and so far seems completely durable. I do use something under pots directly off the burner, except for the 18" landing area between stove and fridge. I figure if that piece ever cracks because of thermal shock, I can afford to replace it! I'm not willing to risk my large granite island or the long Zodiaq runs!

• astridh
    14 years ago

I have various colors of Caesarstone in three bathrooms and my kitchen. I absolutely love it. I have been able to remove stray nail polish with nail polish remover. Red wine, lemons, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, coffee, etc. have not stained the kitchen counter.

In my opinion, the only negative is the appearance. I would have preferred the natural appearance of a "real" stone like marble or limestone, but I know it would've been stained or etched by now. I have honed in the kitchen, so that makes it look more natural. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

• kmohr
    14 years ago

astridh-

What honed Caesarstone do you have? Did they make you sign a warranty disclaimer?

We would love to see pictures of your honed Caesarstone if you have the time to post them!

• hottohort
    14 years ago

Maybe I shouldn't be weighing in because I eventually decided to go with wood. I really wanted the durability of quartz and I wanted to keep counter and backsplash both light. I was going to go with one of Caesarstone's white shades like Nougat or Blizzard. The only reason I ended up deciding against it was that when I took a sample along with me to go tile shopping for the backsplash, I found that all the ceramic and glass tile I liked somehow made the quartz sample look sort of muddy and artificial. That's probably just me, and it might not be such an issue with a darker or more contrasty counter or a different kind of tile. I would still suggest you do some backsplash shopping before you make your final counter decision. I know, I know, that's a frightening prospect.

• sofla
    14 years ago

I have caesarstone nougat on perimeter and misty carrera on island. Cleans up easy.

• donnaclaire
    14 years ago

I have the buttermilk with cherry cabinets and an off white island and get tons of compliments. It can be whatever you want although it looks more contemporary than traditional. I have only had it for 2 months, but it is easy to keep clean.

• happy2b…gw
    14 years ago

I have caesarstone crema limestone since last spring and I am very pleased with the way it looks, feels, and functions. I am definitely a supporter.

• Lynmont
    9 years ago

Would really like to hear from the folks that posted several years ago on how happy they are with their caesarstone countertops now. Just put in Concrete and having numerous issues.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I've had Ceasarstone Organic White in the kitchen and two bathrooms for just under a year and I love it. No stains, no scratches, no chips, easy to clean.

• Lynmont
    9 years ago

Tried to post a follow up to this thread. Wondering if those who have had the product for some time could weigh in on how it has lasted.

• plumberry
    9 years ago

My caesarstone (HAZE color) is scratched and has resin stains on it. The look is nice overall, but the quality is disappointing. We tried to get a caesarstone rep to come and look at it but they were not much for customer service. I would recommend you inspect the actual piece you're getting prior to installation.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

"Just put in Concrete and having numerous issues."

Lynmont:

You should start a new thread, please.

• sherri1058
    9 years ago

I've had my Cambria Quartz for 12 years. I don't baby it at all. I have put hot pots on it, have cut on it and when I have missed wiping up red wine (bottle rings) from the previous night, a damp cloth is all that's required to remove the "stain". It looks as good today as the day it was installed. When we renovate the toughest countertop choice will be which pattern?

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Which pattern do you have, Sherri58?

• Ann Scheley
    9 years ago

I've had caesarstone blizzard in my kitchen for 2 years. I love it. Have had some minor chipping but love the easy care (softscrub). Still looks fantastic!

• sas95
    9 years ago

We've had Caesarstone Champagne Limestone for almost four years. Some small chips by the sinks, but otherwise it is holding up well so far.