Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Either I've flipped or the layout needs to--please look at this!

Posted by deedles (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 6:09

Sorry, false alarm. DH says no go so don't want to waste anymore of your time. I'll have to tweak the layout that we have.

This post was edited by deedles on Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 7:15

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Either I've flipped or the layout needs to--please look at th

I couldn't find the original with the kitchen on the other side for comparison. Could you add the link?

o
RE: Either I've flipped or the layout needs to--please look at th

Ok I'll play. Is this about keeping traffic out of the kitchen? Because I think you just moved the kitchen away from the views. It is ok, preferable for TV watching rooms to be dark, did you just put the tv in direct sun? Where do you spend most of your time, where does DH, when you entertain what kind of entertaining and where in your house does it occur.
I would not like carrying groceries that far. I know that you have a designated entry way, but I feel stuff is now going to get dumped in the LR and that might bug me more. We grill a lot I hate carrying food through the house to the deck, you have created that situation. Since you said all cards are on the table, have you ever tried a galley against the wall where you have the woodstove now? Stove against the stairs, sink across. Keep a peripheral walkway open, but it could still have storage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here