Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you heard of this sink company?

Posted by treasureAK (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 5:43

Found this company on the web after 2 months of looking around at sinks. Dante Stainless is out of NC. What do you make of them? Couldn't find any reviews online but they claim high quality products and faucets seem well made too. Prices are pretty good. Any red flags? It sounded as if they are doing their own manufacturing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dantestainless

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you heard of this sink company?

Which model of their sinks are you interested in? I've never heard of the company, but there are several GWer's who have bought sinks with no-name at all for a bargain on eBay and been very happy, and this website looks a lot better than those eBay listings!

The only thing that would give me pause is if I were buying a single-bowl rectangular sink -- the Dante Stainless has a center drain rather than an offset drain. I prefer an offset drain because it allows you to set larger things down in the sink without covering the drain, and it allows more room under the sink for storage because your plumbing isn't right in the middle of the cabinet. Having said that, the price is so great, only you can decide if you'd rather spend more for another brand's stainless sink with an offset drain.

o

bump

o

Yes, great point and in fact that is what I have been searching for...an offset drain! I was looking at the kidney shaped one, maybe even the smaller d-shaped one. Kohler makes a series called undertone that has the kidney style sink and they are 18 gauge for a whole bunch of money. I added the link, they look quite graceful installed.
I have some requirements from my husband.
It has to be stainless steel and the classic radius (no sharp corners) so he can do the concrete counter work around. He'd like for me to spend only $400 but we'll see how that goes!
I'd like 16gauge and offset drain. I really like the curves of Blanco's stainless steel performa sink but it is at 18g and $666. I found a similar one by whitehaus for I think $350 but its steel is 18/8. Is that a big deal?
I'm almost considering the d-shaped 23" sink from Krause that comes as a combo with faucet and strainer because it has an offset drain but my heart would really like a larger sink.
I might call this Dante Stainless tomorrow. It would be interesting to find out if they are the manufacturer. Maybe they can do a custom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler undertone

o

The Dante Stainless prices are quite good, especially for 16 gauge sinks. I would be a little careful with a brand that you never hear of, and that is not sold at any of the major stores though. Make sure they have an easy return policy, and you have enough time with your contractor to return the sink and order a different one if it doesn't meet your expectations when you receive it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here