Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Diamond vs. Kraftmaid Cabinets

Posted by xeedoo (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 20, 09 at 5:41

I am in the process of deciding on cabinets and getting quotes from Lowes/HomeDepot and Local cabinet dealer (Salt Lake City). I am looking at Kraftmaid Ashbury Maple cabinets(Lowes brand) vs. Diamond Selena and prices are very similar. Is there any quality difference between the two manufacturers? Any comments which one to pick since prices are with in few hundred dollars range.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Diamond vs. Kraftmaid Cabinets

I have Diamond, and the reason we went with them was to get the toe-kick drawers, which were not available with Kraftmaid. When my design was done, I ended up not being able to even get the darn toe-kick drawers because the are only available with certain sized cabinets, which were not in my kitchen. Oh well.

o

In addition to the cabinet line themselves you should consider the dealer. I have had a mixed experience at HD, but I have had 3 perfect transactions with Lowe's in my area; KM cabinets arrived perfectly. Orders for addtional parts were fast also. You should find that out.

Also, in these times I'd be sure, if ordering through a private dealer, that a credit card payment is acceptable. About a year ago I almost went through buycabinets.com, but for that issue. We all know what has transpired since that time. You never know.

o

I was wondering if anyone knows if the painted finishes are the same on these two brands. I am looking at the bright whites in these cabinet lines, but want the ones that are less shiny/ more matte finish. Does anyone know offhand? I had planned Kraftmaid because I thought they were cheaper, but now I am learning that the prices are about the same. I guess the paint finish is going to be the decision maker. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here