Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Window placement

Posted by miruca (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 5:34

This design is modeled after mpagamom's kitchen - although her cabinets were white. The cabinets along the long side are a bit different also, which brings me to my question about whether it looks odd or off kilter that the kitchen window has unequal wall space on either side of the window.

photo kitchen3_zps37d609a0.jpg

To give a better idea of the space here are a couple of more pics. The three upper cabinets that come to the counter will likely have glass on the upper part and not a drawer at the counter.

photo kitchen4_zps5867337f.jpg

And here is the plan layout:

photo 1stfloor_zps96024e43.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Window placement

May have posted too early in the day .. bumping...hoping to get some comments on this .. to finalize placement and sink placement. My eyes have grown too familiar with it to make the call.

Thank you for the help!

o

I am not a design or layout maven. I don't mind the unequal wall space, but there's something about that skinny cabinet on the left that does bug me and I think it accentuates the unequal space.

o

Thank you...you say it and I see it...just too darn close to it to see on my own.

Do you think it is the width of the cabinet or the cabinet itself?

In two pics below I've adjusted the width to match the other "to the counter cabinet"; in one I left the window uncentered and the other I tried to center it (the outer windows are also 2" narrower each due to program issues).

Part of my dilema is that centering the window changes the bottom cabinet layout - I lose a nice 15" pullout for garbage on one side of the sink.

Urghh...just too close and perhaps too vested in the bottom cabinet layout ... I want it to work and maybe it just doesn't.
 photo kitchen21incab_zps465f8560.jpg

Below is the centered version:
centered 21' cab1 photo kitchenwindowcenter_zps138bafc8.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here