Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poorowner_gw

Samsung Stainless 'platinum' refrigerator?

PoorOwner
15 years ago

Does anyone have the Samsung refrigerator in Stainless "Platinum" which is a fake stainless that doesn't show finger prints..

How does it look together with the rest of SS appliances? Will it look like I have a plastic looking refrigerator?

It looks good by itself but no other appliances have a satin finish..

Comments (8)

• teppy
    15 years ago

i have the samsung quatro in the platinum stainless. I think that it looks good with my new viking stainless dishwasher and stove. I would post a photo of them together, but photobucket is not working for me right now. I will check again later and try if you would like.

• ellen917
    15 years ago

I have the Samsung platinum in the French-door style. Love it! It's easy to keep clean and really looks nice. I've received a lot of compliments. My DW is black and my DCS range is stainless. About 8 feet separate the range and refrigerator, and I don't think I've ever noticed the difference in finish. Now that I look, it's only a slight difference, and I don't mind it at all. I think you'll be happy with it. Not "plastic looking" at all.

• krissd
    15 years ago

I have the Samsung French Door also. It doesn't look fake at all to me. My dishwasher and microwave are stainless. Cooktop to be stainless also. Love the fact that it doesn't smudge. Also, magnets stick to it!

Best of all, its storage is fantastic.

• morton5
    15 years ago

I have the Samsung FD in the regular stainless finish. Of all the stainless appliances in my kitchen, this one is the easiest to keep good-looking. I don't have much of a problem with water marks or fingerprints, and I have 5 kids and the dispenser. Maybe it's the brushed finish? Anyway, I love it. I also have an LG refrigerator in the titanium finish (faux stainless), and I don't find it any easier to keep clean than the Samsung.

• PoorOwner
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am considering the single door, bottom freezer and I was wondering if the lack of handle is a problem? The "handle" is just a groove on the side of the door.

I have SS dishwasher beside it and don't know it will work, obviously it is sold to people who still want to match their SS appliances but want to avoid the finger prints issue and some money. The handle-less + SS would be an issue I think, since everytime you open the door you might end up touching the SS some what.

The drawer handles on the unit feels fantastic though.

• PoorOwner
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Took another look and the Samsung stainless platinum does look pretty good, it is very "silvery" and not as grey as Whirlpool's stainless satina finish. It's not shiny reflective but I think it will work out if I go with this, at least it won't show the finger prints.

• shirleyhuntbaker_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I have the platinum finish with a bottom freezer. I think it goes very well with my other stainless appliances with out all the shinning. The fact that it does not have handles has never been a problem for me. Mine is a little small. I wish I could find a counter depth with ice and filtered water through the door with the platinum finish.