Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quiltgirl_gw

Breezy please post your drawer depths.

quiltgirl
11 years ago

Breezy, could you please tell me the height of your drawers? When looking at your pictures it looks like you have a lot of shallow drawers. Do you find your shallow drawers and deep drawers more efficient than say 8" or 10" drawers?
I too have inset cabinets being made and have been struggling with my drawer sizes. I finally ended up with
5 3/4" slabs and 13" five pc. drawer fronts. Most of my drawers are on a 16' 4" wall and are very visible. It is amazing how much stuff I have that will fit in those shallow drawers! Will I regret not having drawer depths in between the shallow and the deep?

Comments (8)

• tmy_jax
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thanx for the post breezy. Always appreciate the pics & explanations of the thought process you went through in your planning process.

tmy

• inspiredisabel
    11 years ago

Sorry to hijack! But Breezy, could you please share where you purchased the tins for your spices?

• gwlolo
    11 years ago

The spice jars are from specialty bottle. Thanks breezy for introducing us.. I think many of us have now purchased this.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Tmy--you're welcome! If you look closely around the thread about being new to the forum, you'll see Buehl's suggestion of this inventory and associated zones. She even has a schematic of her kitchen that lists drawers and what she store in each! Thanks, Buehl!

Isabel--The tins were another GW find. Lascatx showed hers on a vintage thread on spice storage. The smaller tins in front are the 4 oz tins. I use the larger 8 oz tins for spices in the back of the drawer that I use larger quantities of at a given time. Thanks, Lascatx!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Specialty Bottle tins

This post was edited by breezygirl on Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 23:30

• quiltgirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the measurements. I cannot fit in 7 and 9 inch drawers without throwing my horizontal lines of the drawers off. This is frustrating me since I think your middle size drawers would be very useful. Unfortunately most of my drawers are on the same wall, so symmetry plays a part for me. I do have two 21" stacks of four drawers, one near the stove and one in my baking area. I guess I can stack my mixing bowls in one of the deeper drawers. (Have four) They are about 11.5" deep. One will hold all my baking pans on edge in a vertical divider system, one will hold large flour, sugar etc. canisters, one for pots and pans and the fourth for mixing bowls etc. Also have open shelving in baking area, so pretty bowls can go there! Thanks for posting your drawers and the contents!

• inspiredisabel
    11 years ago

Thank you so much! Just placed my order. :)

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

I stack mixing bowls in a couple of my prep drawers. Works fine. In general I try not to stack more than two deep, unless it's the same size of the same item. Have you posted drawings of your cab run? I've seen you trying to work out the storage, but I don't recall seeing a plan.

Isabel--you're welcome! I'm sure you'll love them as much as I do.

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource