Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
askonovd

2 Year Project Finally Finished

Skonovd Ranch
13 years ago

Well we are 99% finished and moved in. I still have boxes in the garage but just so darned happy to be moved in. Thank you to all who gave answers and helped with our project. I think I am happiest with the kitchen so here are a few pics to share. When I have the strength I will post more detail. Again, a huge thank you! Crossing my fingers that the pictures post. Andrea

Comments (50)

• mailfox7
    13 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! Worth all your hard work and the long wait! Can't wait for details!

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

I'm green! Window, range, hood, ceiling height, and fridge envy!!! Please post more pics and all of the details so I can drool more! ;)

• macybaby
    13 years ago

Love the sink!

Very nice looking

• Christine Clemens
    13 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen. Your windows are amazing. I also love the granite and your sinks. I will be patiently waiting for all of the details. Congratulations on a great job.

• cjc123
    13 years ago

Beautiful!! Love the light fixtures above island! Not nearly enough photo's and we need a list of all the details. ;-) I know the feeling all to well of being exhausted and just happy to be able to have a working kitchen. Enjoy, but post back soon with more info. again, great job!!

• plumberry
    13 years ago

lovely! congratulations!!!!1

• remodelfla
    13 years ago

I"m lovin' what I see... especially how you separated your zones. PLEASE post pics of the entire space at one if you can. It's looking fantastic!

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Wow, just gorgeous? Yes, details, please! Is your granite brown, or is it something like yellow river?

I am drooling over that wine fridge (and everything else is not too shabby either)!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    13 years ago

Lovely, i particularly like the sink wall with all the plants in the windowsill.

Btw, is that an oval sink?

• aloha2009
    13 years ago

STUNNING!!!

Each picture is a piece of art. Your attention to detail is second to none.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    13 years ago

Separate question. We are coming up on 18 months for our project, which was supposed to take about 9 months. Just curious, how long was your project originally going to take?

• marthavila
    13 years ago

This is truly a lovely kitchen! Beyond the open, light and airy expanse and the functionality of it all, I am so enjoying your wonderful decorative touches --e.g., the range hood,ceiling fixtures and backsplash and trim treatment in the window area. Nice!) And, by all means, if you ever get tired of that big spoon you can surely send it on to me. What a great piece of kitchen art that one is! Like everyone else, I'm really eager to hear all the details on this well-planned and executed kitchen. In the meantime, congrats and enjoy!

• cotehele
    13 years ago

Lovely! Can't wait to see more.

• desertsteph
    13 years ago

there's a lot there to love! it's huge! and beautiful. bet it's hard to even leave the room... are you cooking up a ton of stuff?

• sandn
    13 years ago

A lovely warm space, beautiful window, and, unless I'm mistaken, gorgeous Thermador appliances. There was a serious debate around here: Thermador vs Wolf/Sub-zero. The latter combo won out, but I still love the Thermador range. I settled for a Thermador hood.
    This looks like a kitchen to love.

• prill
    13 years ago

Wow, beautiful. Love the hood and the lights. It's all very pretty. Need details.

• motherof3sons
    13 years ago

Congratulations on a job well done! The windows, flooring, sink, range, and so much more - just beautiful! Bon appetit!

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Beautiful kitchen and soooo big!!!!

(Love the wine fridge--my eyes zeroed in on that! :-))

• PRO
    Skonovd Ranch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for all the lovely comments. Yes, I do love the kitchen and yes I have been cooking up a storm. The sinks, I have one under the bank of windows & a matching one in the island is a Kohler oval and the dimensions are 30" wide x 19" front to back and a whopping 9" deep. I can plop my 2 year old grandson in the sink and give him a quick bath. I can wash large pots or long stemware without coming close to banging or breaking anything. The appliances are Thermador for the range, wine chiller and fridge. The dishwashers are Bosch. I have one to the left of each sink. The Sharpe microwave is a drawer style. I can seat 7 around the island. I have pictures of the rest of the house on the Building a House forum under the February How is your build progressing thread. We had planned to build in one year and it took us two years. Next we must tackle the landscaping. May the force be with us all in our ongoing projects!

Here is a link that might be useful: Building Forum

• craftlady07
    13 years ago

fantastic job, your kitchen is simply superb!!

• trailrunner
    13 years ago

Really beautiful. So many great touches that I need to look at it more. Lots of great design . c

• contemporganic
    13 years ago

Looks fabulous. I love those oval sinks!

• babs711
    13 years ago

I love it! Thanks for posting the details! I was wondering about the oval sink. I've not seen one in a kitchen before. We're going to build soon and your kitchen has given me some ideas!

I'm also wondering about your windows and the paint colors you used. It looks like a soft blue green which is right up my alley. Would you mind posting your cabinet and wall colors also? Thanks!

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

Congratulations on your beautiful kitchen! Gorgeous details and functionality. Enjoy!

• PRO
    Skonovd Ranch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Babs711, we used SW 6211 Rainwashed cut 50% for the walls. We used SW 7009 Pearly White for the ceilings, trim, & cabinetry. I can't tell you how many sample cans we went through before choosing. It was a scary process. I was pretty confident in many of the choices we made for the house but paint colors was just plain scary!

• dianalo
    13 years ago

Very very pretty! I love all the details and think you must be incredibly happy to move in and get to actually live in your new home ;) Congrats!

• crazybusytoo
    13 years ago

Lovely! I wish you and your family many years of happy gatherings in this beautiful kitchen!

After countless paint samples I finally settled on BM Bright and Early for my kitchen but it is way too vibrant, so the second coat will have to be something else. Is Rainwashed more blue, or more green? What do you mean by "cut 50 %"?

Does anyone else have a pale blue suggestion? I love a monochromatic look, and want just a hint of blue for my kitchen. Thanks so much!

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

I had to come back tonight for another look. So beautiful!

Ade you windows wood? If not, what are they? Manufacturer?

TIA

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Darn autofill and crying baby. What I meant to ask was are your windows wood?

• worldmom
    13 years ago

askonovd - your windows are just amazing! I also love your floor and range and would love to see more of your island when you have time. :o)

crazybusy - this might not be as pale as you want, but my pantry cabinets are a pale blue. See here for pics and info.

• PRO
    Skonovd Ranch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi All! OK, so I used a very pale blue in my Master Bath but I don't have pictures yet. The name of the color is SW Topsail.

Crazybusytoo, If you find a color that is too intesnse the paint store can reformulate the color. So you can choose less intense by 25%, 50%, or whatever percentage you want to try. I think what I have lends itself to just a bit more green but it is a smooth lovely color. It is hard to describe.

Our windows are Milgard. We had them in our last house and never had a lick of trouble with them. Hence our decision to go with them again.

Breezygirl, ur funny!

I will post pictures of the island in just a bit.

• PRO
    Skonovd Ranch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK, here are a few pics of the kitchen island.

The kitchen island is 5' 2" X 10' 2". The sink is a Kohler oval cast iron 30" X 19" X 9". I have a Bosch D/W and am waiting for the trash compactor. I have storage under the barstool side.

The hole is awaiting the install of the trash compactor.

You can see the D/W is barely open left of the sink. Also an outlet just under the lip of the slab.

We can seat 7 or even 8 in a pinch. I went with counter height to make it easier to serve buffet style. If I had raised one side it makes it difficult for shorter people.

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Thanks for the Milgard reference. They are one we are considering. Are they wood or vinyl or ?????

• crazyone
    13 years ago

I love your kitchen and i am not a fan of white cupboards. lovely

can you tell me the name of your granite?

• herbflavor
    13 years ago

Oh, that is beyond words...really fabulous.

• PRO
    Skonovd Ranch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Breezygirl, our windows are vinyl. crazyone, our granite is the 3 cm verde mariposa, I think. I will have to check for sure. It has green, grey, & black in it. It seems wonderfully! Thanks herbflavor. We love the kitchen & we love to cook.

• PRO
    Skonovd Ranch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oops! That should have been it seams wonderfully! Tired brain.

• shelayne
    13 years ago

Oooh, so lovely! I love your windows! Your sinks are incredible, too! I love the oval shape so much!

What a beautiful space you have! It surely was worth the wait! Congratulations on crossing the finish line!

• aliris19
    13 years ago

wowee kazowee! I am very impressed. Thanks for letting us oggle.

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Thanks for the window info. I won't pester you anymore!

• Noma Finney
    13 years ago

OMG! I love, love, love your kitchen! It's incredibly beautiful. Just perfect! I especially love your windows and your window sills. I'm getting my granite installed Thursday and then we move on to picking out a backsplash. I have about the same distance between the bottom of my 4 foot windows and my countertop and I haven't trimmed out the windowsills yet. I wanted granite sills, but realized that I don't have room for 3mm granite on the sills (2mm at most). I've been planning to work it into the backsplash and yours is JUST PERFECT! I've already saved your pictures. I hope you don't mind. Can you please post closer shots of your window sill area and please post details about the tile and the type of trim pieces that you used for the sill?

• regina_phalange
    13 years ago

Wow! It's absolutely gorgeous!!

• PRO
    Skonovd Ranch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Nollie_gardener, Here are some closeup pics of the window sills in the kitchen. It was purchased at Bedrosians in California. The name of the tile is Anatolian Creme 3 X 6 with trim pieces to fill in where needed. It is a tumbled travertine.

In this next pic you can see the bump out trim piece I used so things were not just flat. It was difficult to "show the tile guy." So I laid it out for him.

I hope this helps you with your project. Isn't this just the best forum ever? I got so many ideas and so much help from everyone that I am thrilled to do my part now and share. Good luck with your project. Andrea

• PRO
    Skonovd Ranch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello crazyone, I was wrong about the name of the granite used in the kitchen. The name is New Tunas Green. Strange name but wonderful granite. We got 3 cm slabs and I know they make a tile as well.

Andrea

• PRO
    Skonovd Ranch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello Nollie_gardener I just wanted to let you know the other piece of trim I used to make the "bump out" part is called cane in the same Anatolian Creme tile.

• louisianapurchase
    13 years ago

Beautiful space! I love the windows and the natural light.

• Noma Finney
    13 years ago

Thank you so much for the great close up shots of your window sills! They will help tremendously! This is exactly what I've been envisioning, but I didn't know what to do about the bump-out in the front. I've already been planning on using 3 x 6 tiles laid just like yours. After seeing yours, I'm actually glad the 3 mm granite didn't work out for me to use on the windowsills. Yes, yes, yes! Another thing figured out! :) I'll try to post pics tomorrow after the granite is installed. Then off to pick out the backsplash - I can't wait long because the untrimmed out window is going to drive me nuts until it's finished. Thanks again! And congrats on a job well done!

• cookie08
    13 years ago

askonovd: does Kohler still make those sinks? If so, what is the name of them?

• Adrienne Gray
    13 years ago

You MUST be breathing a sigh of relief! What a beautiful wonderful family space. I love how much detail there is - especially in the trim as you shared. The colors are gorgeous, and that wine fridge!!!

Congrats on seeing it through and for creating a cohesive masterpiece!

• PRO
    Skonovd Ranch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Cookie08. Here is the info on the sinks.
    2 Kitchen Kohler K-6499-0 33" x 22" Iron Tones Undermount $486.27 ea. $972.54 for both. FaucetDirect.com Received on 5.10.10