Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Darth Vader skulking outside the recycled kitchen

Posted by honorbiltkit (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 4, 12 at 1:37

A few weeks ago, I posted my kitchen of recycled stuff, with the note that I could only make it work by exiling Darth Vader (the looming black refrigerator with unhomey digital readout) to the former pantry. A couple of people have asked to see Varth, so here are the best shots I can get.

Kitchen without evident fridge

The pantry is off a short hall that goes off the left from where the radiator is, which leads to the back door and down the basement steps.

Darth from the top of the basement stairs.

Darth from the kitchen, looking toward the back door.

This frige "solution" entailed making the guest closet smaller so that the abutting pantry space could become large enough to accommodate Darth and a few shelves.

This worked much better than having the behemoth anywhere in the 10 x 11 kitchen. Next time I am going to spring for a lovely tall and shallow Liebherr.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Darth Vader skulking outside the recycled kitchen

With the exception of not having a landing counter next to the fridge for groceries, I think your solution is great. That is a massive black fridge!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here