Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrispmoto

testing a picture of our finished kitchen

chrispmoto
16 years ago

After alot of work, and thank you to all you people, here it is, hopefully...[IMG]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r316/chrispmoto/IMG_4232.jpg[/IMG]

Comments (22)

• chrispmoto
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Darn, didnt work.

• doggonegardener
    16 years ago

try this out for size...

Here is a link that might be useful:

• sjerin
    16 years ago

Oooooooo! Are those bamboo cabinets? Very beautiful kitchen, whatever they are! I love the framing over the sink.

• akshars_mom
    16 years ago

Very Unique kitcehn. Love it and I am not a modern kitchen person.

• iamnodiy
    16 years ago

Finally a unique kitchen. How refreshing. Please list the details of the materials you used.

• flatlander62
    16 years ago

Wow! Love it!!!

• jillypie
    16 years ago

Delicious! Materials please. What was your "inspiration?" You really did a great job.

• loves2cook4six
    16 years ago

Absolutely beautiful.

Let's here how you did it.

• claybabe
    16 years ago

WOW gorgeous! Details please.

• glad
    16 years ago

nice clean, modern look! since we're guessing cabinets, i'll go with venecia tigris cherry. :)

• doggonegardener
    16 years ago

bumping this since I think chrispmoto may not be listening since they didn't think their image worked out...

What's the countertop material?

I love the kitchen.

Please, tell us how you did it.

Ne

• lightlystarched
    16 years ago

Very very beautiful. They look like Henrybuilt cabinets. I love it!

• jerseygirl_1
    16 years ago

Finally a modern kitchen. Very beautiful. I clipped it for someone I know who would go crazy for those cabs.

Can you provide me with details on the cabinet manufacterer?

Thanks

• akshars_mom
    16 years ago

Very Unique kitcehn. Love it and I am not a modern kitchen person.

• chrispmoto
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay. I am having a tough time. I read lots on "how to post pics", but I am really not that good on a pc, and I think ours is getting, weak, old, and filled.(slow) I will try the best I can, please be patient.
    First of all, I COULD NOT have done this project without this website, and all you people. Thank you for all your information, pictures, advice, and tips. I used this place, we bought and read TONS of magazines, and clipped all the pics and kitchen(s) ideas we liked and had them on one sheet of big paper. This took almost two years of PLANNING alone. We needed to get our finances in order, plus there were SO many choices. It was almost overwhelming.
    I did almost all of the work myself. I was the GC. I ripped out the old walls, lowered the ceiling, put in all the lights, drywall, paint, ran all the wire( big job, lots of wiring changes once we tore out walls)and put in new window. Plus so many other "little" things. It was a lot of work.
    Once we decided on appliances, again, all choices were made thru this website, we decided to go fairly high end. One pull on a Sub Zero door was all it took. Sub Zero, Wolf, Diva, and Asko. Blanco Steelart sink, Piani faucet, tumbled marble backspash, Silestone Blanco Maple (gloss, not leather) countertops, Brew Express built in coffee machine,(awesome), dura ceramic floor (heated, another nice touch)top of the line slides for the drawers. The name is slipping me, but my cabinet maker said there were the best I could get ! Plus Insinkerator, under cab lighting, and some really nice touches on the pull out pantry, and sliding cutlery trays built into the cabs!!
    Now the cabs...
    We wanted flat panel. Our first cab maker said "dont do it" We fired him, and got an old high school buddy. Thecab doors, are, get this, and dont be dissapointed, MDF. With a Rift Cut White Oak veneer laid on top, with matching edgebanding, all nicely sealed. He did a great job. All plywood boxes, with Baltic birch plywood for all the drawers. Excellent stuff. He told me the MDF would not warp, like some flat panels do. We matched up the handles to our Wolf/ Sub Zero/Asko. The nice little "boxes" above the sink ties together the upper cabs. We might put something in them, or not, we dont like clutter. Also, the face on the dropped ceiling is solid White Oak, as is the trim around the window and ceiling. Notice the little gap from the cabs to ceiling!! He also made the nice end panels. The cab maker was great, on time, and on price. The KD was also great. Everything just flowed perfectly while doing this project. Once we had a plan, it probably took just over 2 full months, start to finish.
    The faucet is wicked. This was a hard thing for us both to decide on, probably the toughest purchase. It has dual spray, magnetic head, and we LOVE it!
    I cant really think of anything else right now. I wil try posting some pics!!

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

What a cool looking kitchen--the cabs are so neat!!!

• janwad
    16 years ago

Terrific job. Here's a link to the main photobucket album.

Here is a link that might be useful: More pics!

• sjerin
    16 years ago

Thanks for all the great info-- you did a fantastic job.

• mysterymachine
    16 years ago

I LOVE it. The backsplash turned out really nice. I like the view from your window as well :)

Aren't pretty much all slab cabinets MDF type material with a veneer? I thought I remember reading that solid wood fronts for cabinets (drawers are another matter) warped. No need for apologizing.

• starpooh
    16 years ago

May I archive your kitchen in the Finished Kitchens Blog?
    If so please submit the Category Checklist form so I can easily categorize your kitchen.
    Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB Category Checklist

• ctlady_gw
    16 years ago

Mysterymachine: when we were looking at cabinets (2 years ago now) and wanted slab fronts, we had to choose between solid wood with battens on the back and veneer. EVERYONE recommended the veneer rather than the solid wood, for precisely the warping issues you mention. Even with the battens -- which I HATED the look of! -- in our climate, with hugely dry inside air in winter and very high humidity in the summer, we were told that solid wood would warp. My problem was finding veneered doors I liked, where the edgebanding was well enough done. I really wanted lyptus at the time, but the edgebanding on the lyptus option we had was made of cherry, not lyptus. We were afraid it would darken differently and we'd end up with "banded" doors. In the end, we went with shaker doors to allow for movement of the wood in our conditions... but if I'd had an option as gorgeous as these, I'd have done it in a heartbeat! The MDF is definitely the preferred material for this kind of door. Not a thing wrong with using it -- in fact, it would be wrong NOT to have used it! What's exceptional is the edgebanding and the grain matching -- really magnificent!

• MariposaTraicionera
    16 years ago

Oh my!! I have seen lovely modern kitchens here, but for some reason this one made me catch my breath! I love the finish on your cabinets, and it does look like bamboo. Your Silestone looks great also. Congrats on being the GC. No wonder things turned out so well :-).

Best MDF I've seen in ages.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES